Senior IT Support Specialist at Piaggio Fast Forward
Boston-based company Piaggio Fast Forward Inc. (PFF) was founded in 2015 by the Piaggio Group (the Italian manufacturer that created the iconic Vespa scooter). We are on a mission to build technology products that move the way that people move. In order to bring products to market today, PFF is solving the problem of robotic interaction with people in dynamically changing environments. We’re innovators, neighbors and creators with a passion for local living and pushing the limits on urban transportation. We support a sustainable mobility ecology with healthy lifestyles and social connectivity available to all, regardless of age or abilities.
PFF is looking for a multi-talented Sr. IT Specialist willing to do all that is needed to keep our internal and our production environment running smoothly and securely. The Sr. IT Specialist is responsible for the operation and maintenance of our secure and available platforms, servers, network(s), and end-user technical support (IT Helpdesk). We're looking for a self-starter with a strong sense of urgency, works independently, and has the ability to operate in a fast-paced early-stage environment with a high degree of ambiguity. This is a hands-on role, responsible for planning all things IT and will report directly to the Sr. Director, Business Operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Install, configure, and maintain the infrastructure environment, including physical/virtual server, network, and storage components (AWS, OSX. Windows, Linux/Ubuntu, iOS, Android)
- Install, configure, and support end-user platforms (e.g. laptops, workstations, VMs) and establish best practices for onboarding and new hires.
- Identify any current or future risks in our current infrastructure and propose efficient and appropriate plans to mitigate risks.
- Datacenter management and updating.
- Implement security best practices utilizing the latest software and utilities; (SIEM, OKTA)
- Manage backup, storage, and recovery procedures, and disaster recovery strategy.
- Support a diverse client/server OS environment (e.g. Mac, Windows, RHEL, ESXi).
- Maintain documentation of relevant policies, procedures, and software systems.
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership with Engineering and DevOps.
- Administration of onsite A/V services
- Partner with PeopleOps on employee onboarding processes and automation.
- Partner with the Web Development team on DNS records for our public and internal websites and domains.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or related field or relevant work experience.
- Understanding of enterprise computer networks;
- Working knowledge of client/server Windows and Linux-based operating systems;
- Ability to support users with a wide variety of skill levels.
- In-depth functional knowledge of networking.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including a creative and self-motivated mindset;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively exchange ideas with stakeholders.
- Ability to grasp functional concepts quickly and exceptionally attentive to detail;
- Ability to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams, but also independently with minimal direction and supervision;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Commitment to Diversity
We strive to create a workforce that embraces every culture, language, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, background and experience. PFF has multiple DEI programs in place for our employees; including a mentorship program, regular pay equity audits, DEI training, and a standardized interviewing framework that is focused on "culture add". These programs support an equitable and inclusive workplace, that promote the growth, retention, and recruiting of women and BIPOC in the workplace.
Note: Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed we encourage you to apply. Think of it more as looking for some of the items listed, not all.
Where legally permissible, must be willing to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status on first day of employment.