Senior Diagnostics Solutions Software Support Engineer at Nuance
The Senior Diagnostics Solutions Software Support Engineer will be responsible for providing excellent customer service by diagnosis and resolution of complex technical problems related to Nuance products supporting technologies/infrastructure. The Senior Diagnostics Solutions Software Support Engineer will represent Nuance Diagnostic Solutions to external customers up to the VP/C-Level, maintain superior documentation, and actively contribute to ongoing process improvement. This position has daily contact with, external customers, management, peers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advanced technical support via telephone, email, chat, and customer occasional site visits to external and internal customers.
- Provide efficient, high quality technical support services to ensure timely response to customer inquiries, problem resolution, and reporting/escalation of unresolved issues.
- Research, analyze, document, and manage resolutions to technical, operational and implementation issues related to Nuance products and their supporting technologies and infrastructures.
- Must be capable of establishing and documenting processes, policies, and procedures and producing high quality technical documentation to be included within newsletters, public/private knowledge base systems, product manuals, etc.
- Ability to recognize trends and patterns between diverse service request descriptions and foresee future problems.
- Sufficient knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities, workflow processes, and procedures to resolve most inquiries independently.
- Facilitate customer conference calls and manage the resolution of critical customer account issues.
- Act as cross functional program team representative, gathering and disseminating information to and from product development and engineering teams.
- Mentor technical and field services personnel, customer IT technical staff as needed.
- Availability for 24x7x365 staffing assignments, on-call rotation and infrequent travel as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualification:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (IT/CS/related discipline) or equivalent experience
- Number of Years of Work Experience: 3+ years of experience with the implementation and support of Diagnostic Imaging Workflow Management solutions and/or experience in a Tier II/III support environment
- Experience with the implementation and/or support of Radiology Information Systems (RIS), Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACS), and/or Diagnostic Imaging Workflow Management solutions.
- Experience troubleshooting the Windows stack, (Windows, IIS, SQL, ASP.NET)
- Ability to write SQL queries and/or analyze network traffic to diagnose complex application stability and performance issues.
- Advanced knowledge of HL7 and/or DICOM.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.