Senior Diagnostic Solutions Support Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Diagnostics Support Engineer will be responsible for providing excellent customer service, problem diagnosis and creative resolution for issues related to Nuance products and their supporting technologies/infrastructure. Represent Nuance Diagnostic Solutions to VP/C-Level high profile external customers, both remotely and through customer site visits. Maintain superior documentation and actively contribute to ongoing process improvement. This position has daily contact with, customers, management, peers, and/or internal/external customer base.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advanced technical support via telephone, email and customer site visits to external and internal customers.
- Provide efficient, high quality technical support services to ensure timely response to queries, resolution of problems, and reporting/escalation of unresolved issues.
- Research, analyze, document and manage resolutions to technical, operational and implementation issues related to Nuance products and their supporting technologies and infrastructures.
- Must be capable of establishing and documenting processes, policies and procedures; producing high quality technical documentation to be included within newsletters, public/private knowledge base systems, product manuals, etc.
- Ability to recognize trends and patterns between diverse service request descriptions and foresee future problems.
- Sufficient knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities, workflow processes, and procedures to resolve most inquiries independently.
- Facilitate customer conference calls and manage the resolution of critical customer account issues.
- Act as cross functional program team representative, gathering and disseminating information to and from product development and engineering teams.
- Mentor technical and field services personnel, customer IT technical staff when needed.
- Availability for 24x7x365 staffing assignments, on-call pager rotation and travel (25%) as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualification:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (IT/CS/related discipline) or equivalent experience
- Number of Years of Work Experience: 3+ years of experience with the implementation and support of Diagnostic Imaging Workflow Management solutions and/or experience in a Tier II/III support environment
- Experience with the implementation and/or support of Radiology Information Systems (RIS), Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACS), and/or Diagnostic Imaging Workflow Management solutions.
- MS Windows client-server proficient
- Experience in the installation, configuration, management and performance monitoring of Microsoft OS/SQL based solutions.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.