Senior Deliverability Strategist at Klaviyo
We are currently seeking a Senior Deliverability Strategist based out of our Boston office (remote would be considered with appropriate experience) to provide world-class service by working directly with our customers to provide your expertise and consultative services, reporting, best practices and recommendations to improve their email programs and get the most out of their e-commerce experience. You will be a part of our senior customer -facing deliverability team. As the subject matter expert, you will be a close partner with our Customer Success, Support, Sales, and Onboarding Teams to develop and iterate on strategies that improve both our customers and our teams.
This role is one of the most exciting positions at Klaviyo. As a highly valued role, D+C gets a lot of attention and focus from the rest of the company because they serve as the health monitor and care of our platform. At Klaviyo, we know how important the customer perspective is and Compliance and Deliverability ensures the needs of the customer are fully met by providing a safe and successful environment. We pride ourselves on customer retention and our philosophy at Klaviyo is to treat our customers as partners. Deliverability is in charge of ensuring the success of our customers by providing them with best practice solutions for any and all upcoming issues. Also supporting internal teams to be able to solve common problems by providing them with common solutions.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Provide consultative email deliverability strategies to our customers as needed.
- Conduct in-depth investigations, reviews, and audits into email sending practices.
- Assist customers with block-lists, spam traps, and issues with mailbox providers.
- Monitor delivery metrics and create plans to improve their outcomes.
- Provide in-depth analysis of performance quality measurements, to ensure customer programs are continuously improving and adhering to best practices.
- Work closely with product and development teams to improve email reporting.
- Help manage strategic projects to help improve the tools and services offered by the deliverability team.
- Work with Klaviyo teams and new customers to understand the value and need for ongoing deliverability expertise.
- Work closely with stakeholders to drive best practices in email design, personalization, campaign segmentation, and responsive messaging.
- Take an active role in thought leadership through writing blogs, articles, and white papers.
- Represent Klaviyo in the deliverability community by participating in conferences, forums and mail lists
Who You Are:
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in an analytic, data-driven email deliverability role
- Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably at an ESP serving multiple senders
- Have customer-facing skills and presentation skills
- Be able to run reports on email deliverability, as well as analyze them and make recommendations based on that analysis;
- Experience with third-party testing and analysis tools, like Litmus, Return Path, 250OK, Google Postmaster Tools and SNDS
- Working knowledge of common, email-related DNS record types and their functions
- Familiarity with bounce handling and categorization
- Have great knowledge and standing within the email deliverability community, including industry groups like M3AAWG
- An understanding of the foundations of email, including FBL, DNS, SPF, DMARC, and other core infrastructure
- Knowledge of email regulations e.g. CAN-SPAM, GDPR, and other local variations
- Have some flexibility to travel occasionally to meetings, and to participate in person at email industry events
- Experience with SMS/MMS technologies
- Technical Writing/Blogging and Training Experience
- Has experience working with software / web development
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in an IT-related field or relevant experience
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.