Quality Documentation Manager at Nuance
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Quality Documentation Specialists (QDS) assigned to their accounts for backfills and for new provider additions.
- Work closely with customer-facing Operations Manager to communicate metrics, establish escalation points.
- Manage account specifics updates for all assigned accounts; ensuring team members are kept apprised of any changes and ensuring changes are being implemented correctly according to standards.
- Monitor all direct reports to ensure performance metrics are maintained.
- Motivate teams as needed to ensure quality and TAT maintenance.
- Monitor workflow and allocate resources appropriately.
- Utilize reporting tools to manage TAT and quality.
- Manage quality challenges and escalate to Quality Compliance Team and Operations Associate as needed.
- Maintain team workbooks/EHR access documentation.
- Manage payroll processing and procedures via Workday for all assigned team members.
- Collaborate and partner with peers to share knowledge and improve business results by recommending and implementing process improvements.
- Create a culture of dedication to patient and client while balancing needs of direct reports and company.
- QDS support, development, and performance management of team members.
- Coordinate new QDS orientation and training.
- Daily schedule adherence (roll call) with adjustments as necessary for coverage of gaps.
- QDS cross training report/scheduling.
- QDS Workday management.
- Maintain updated QDS schedules in scheduling tool.
- Monitor scribe logs and communicate discrepancies.
- Accept stable accounts' assigned production team members when post-go-live stability and staffing model are well established.
- Coordinate business partner QDS assignments with Training Team for account transitions to business partners in phased transition.
- Actively participate in coordination of account transitions to global team and/or US/global business partner QDS with Training Team, Special Teams Manager, and Associates as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a managerial role
- Experience in proofreading, editing, and evaluating documentation against quality metrics preferred; ability to work independently; clear communication.
- Ability to analyze data and apply to effect outcomes; teamwork; self-starter.
- Problem solving capability.
- Accountable for obtaining objective outcomes.
- Flexibility for supporting clinics during all hours of operation.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.