Onboarding Specialist - SMS at Klaviyo (Remote)
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Klaviyo launched a game-changing new product in early 2020 that is taking the SMS market by storm. We’re on a mission to help creators truly own their destiny, and a big part of the recipe is providing them with the tools, expertise, and data required to create amazing customer experiences through the channels they own (Email, Website, Mobile/SMS). SMS has proven to be an incredibly effective marketing channel for D2C brands and we’re super excited to bring this to all of our customers!
Onboarding Specialists at Klaviyo are a critical part of our future success. We take the success and happiness of our customers incredibly seriously. Our mission is to deliver an exceptional onboarding experience to our customers with the highest level of quality in both product knowledge and project management skills and, in the process, consistently meet and exceed customer expectations. We are looking for an Onboarding Specialist who is passionate about providing the best onboarding experience to customers who are scaling their businesses with Klaviyo.
As an SMS Onboarding Specialist, you will be responsible for onboarding both new and existing customers newly purchasing SMS. During SMS onboarding, you will be guiding customers through their next 30-45 days of setup with the Klaviyo product and the first SMS experiences they want to build. Our customers vary in size and experience so we are looking for individuals who have a track record of finding creative solutions to unique problems, who thrive in challenging situations and want to apply these skills to solve for customers using our software.How you will make a difference:
- Onboard new and existing customers with Klaviyo’s SMS product so they are set up for success by providing proactive strategic advice and guidance, assisting with the migration from previous software, and providing Klaviyo best practices to ensure clients are achieving their initial business goals.
- Own customer relationships from completed sale through successful go live.
- Lead the SMS implementation phase for customers including onboarding project scope, plan, resources, and timeline.
- Adapt processes to provide a tailored onboarding experience and meet customer needs while achieving key milestones.
- Work to set priorities and establish a technical health plan for open problems and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Provide support and guidance on technical and non-technical related questions (e.g: marketing, sales, ecommerce setup questions) to execute on customer use cases.
- Communicate thoughtfully to provide answers to questions for both technical and non-technical stakeholders to drive the project forward and reach customer goals.
- Monitor onboarding health across all new customers to ensure we are fast-tracking value and setting customers up for long term success.
- Advocate internally for customers throughout the entire onboarding/implementation process. Proactively surface, coordinate and drive new ideas to improve SMS onboarding processes. This includes being the customer experience expert and working with product and engineering teams for integration, customer setup and UI improvements to ultimately reduce friction and Time to Value for customers.
- Contribute to a positive team environment of collaboration, customer empathy, equality, and inclusion.
- 1+ years of customer onboarding experience with a track record for building and nurturing relationships with multiple stakeholders on an account at a time.
- Experience with SMS marketing strategy or technology is a plus.
- A thoughtful communicator who is excellent at communicating through a variety of channels that require both written and verbal skills.
- An effective project manager with a track record of leading through complexity and driving outcomes on time.
- Experience explaining how to reach key goals using software with end users.
- A track record for creative problem solving for customers and end users.
- Experience in marketing or advising customers on marketing strategy is a plus.
- Experience managing customer relationships through Gainsight or similar CRMs
- Thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills via phone, video conference and email.
- Curious and eager to learn.
- Able to adapt in a quickly changing environment.
- Experience with: Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, Google Sheets, PowerPoint, CRMs
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.