Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud-based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Onboarding Consultant serves as the customer’s relationship manager & point of contact from the time that the account has been booked, through the onboarding phase of the customer journey. The Onboarding Consultant role is responsible for managing a book of business (80+ restaurants) within their assigned Region. They are expected to work autonomously under an Onboarding manager to complete expected goals for numbers of projects taken live per month, self managing and prioritizing what they work on based on customer need and Toast requirements.
The Onboarding Consultant must be comfortable with ambiguity and work flexibly in a business with aggressive growth goals. Leveraging their Toast product knowledge and project management skills, the Onboarding Consultant will partner with restaurant owners in order to build out a onboarding plan that will produce a high quality implementation experience within timeline and budget constraints.
About this roll*:
- Customer Relationship Manager (30%) - the Onboarding Consultant is the primary point of contact for all clients post booking by sales. The Onboarding Consultant is chartered with managing the relationship with the client while creating & executing a detailed onboarding plan. The Onboarding Consultant is also responsible for managing all communication with the client during the Go-Live phase. During this phase of the customer journey, the Onboarding Consultant works closely with the client in order to understand their unique business needs and to build out an onboarding plan that will allow them to manage their restaurant business efficiently and effectively. The Onboarding Consultant enables restaurant owners and staff to utilize Toast to create best practices for managing their daily restaurant operations - this includes management of labor and food costs, table turn time and guest relationships.
- Site Assessment & Networking Design (20%) - the Onboarding Consultant is responsible for conducting remote site assessments to determine the networking needs of our clients prior to installation and communicate those needs to the project resources. The Onboarding Consultant will configure the POS system to the customers’ unique needs in order to maximize the benefits of their toast purchase, such as better table turns, decreased shrinkage, and increased efficiency.
- Onboarding & Training (20%) - the Onboarding Consultant is expected to remotely onboard and document the installation of the Toast POS system, observing Toast best practices as well as documenting any deviations from best practices that were identified during the design phase of the project. The Onboarding Consultant is accountable for creating & leading an onboarding training plan on the Toast product specific to the configurations of the system for their business and workflow. The Consultant trains the entire restaurant staff on how to leverage the system to create operational efficiencies and positively impact the guest and staff experience.
- Project Management (20%) - Leveraging their strong project management skills, the Onboarding Consultant will manage several onboarding engagements simultaneously. Effective time management is an essential skill for all Onboarding Consultants as they are responsible for a large book of onboarding business in their region and the restaurant industry is significantly time constrained.
- Post Live Relationship Management (10%) - As the client is transitioned over into the post-onboarding phase of the customer journey, the Onboarding Consultant is expected to ensure this transition goes smoothly and therefore is available for remote Go-live support to assist and guide the customer during their first several days of usage by providing post-live remote guidance, troubleshoot problems or follow-up training.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bilingual - Spanish/English
- 3 + years of experience in customer facing roles in technology industry required; restaurant experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Previous POS systems experience
- Proven track record of success in delivering complex projects in the technology industry, managing a book of business and partnering with external clients to deliver on the promises committed to in the sales process
- Ability to manage ambiguity and operate independently
- Bright, self-starter with a growth mindset
- Bias for action; performance driven with the confidence to operate independently
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and influencing skills
- Strong presentation skills required; training & development experience is a plus
- Strong values and high personal integrity
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.