Manager, Licensing at DraftKings
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:06 a.m. (EST) on Monday, July 13, 2020
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
We use technology to create great experiences for sports fans.
Since our founding in 2012, DraftKings has been defining what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. To help us achieve our goals, we are growing our dynamic team in Boston, MA. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving? Are you able to use creativity to help solve problems that don’t have clear solutions? If so, then we think you will love working with us.
The strategy behind the game.
Our Compliance Department is seeking a talented individual for the position of Licensing Manager to support the company’s expanding licensing and registration activities. When you join our team, you will contribute to an innovative compliance and risk management culture driven by collaboration and rapid growth. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Licensing Manager:
· Provide guidance to the business on compliance and licensing matters.
· Maintain and leverage relationships with other functional areas to complete licensing applications and renewals on behalf of the Daily Fantasy Sports and Sportsbook/Casino entities.
· Advise on compliance with laws and regulations applicable to Fantasy Sports, Sports Betting, iGaming, and day-to-day licensing activities.
· Establish, implement, and supervise compliance policies and procedures throughout the organization to ensure that the licensing program is effective.
· Participate in new product and project meetings and provide licensing advice as well as ongoing information about changing regulatory developments.
· Develop reporting and metrics for licensing.
· Maintain confidentiality of records and strict control of access to files.
What skills you will use:
· Ideally, you have 5-7 years of compliance, audit, or risk management experience, preferably in financial services, compliance, or the Daily Fantasy Sports / Casino industry.
· You have a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong influencing skills both internally and when corresponding with regulatory agencies.
· Comfortable balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope/direction.
· Proven ability to interpret and provide guidance on laws, rules, and regulations.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.
Read Full Job Description