Manager of Customer Success Enablement at Drift
Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
Enablement at Drift is the function of connecting strategy and execution, thus ensuring that your team has the training, skills, content, and tools to do their job at a high level. The Manager of Customer Success Enablement will work closely with the Customer Success leadership team to clearly understand the strategy and goals of the organization, and then work directly with the front line managers and CSMs to ensure they are equipped to carry out the strategy.
About the Customer Success Team
We put the customer at the center of everything we do, and everyone who works at Drift has a part in driving customer success. The goal of the Customer Success Team is to ensure our customers launch Drift successfully, adopt it into their organization, and achieve the results and value they want throughout the life of their partnership with Drift.
About the Enablement Team
We have a bias for action at Drift, and everyone we hire is a builder. The purpose of the Enablement function at Drift is to connect strategy to execution. We make sure that our people have the training, skills, content, tools and processes necessary to execute our strategy.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
In one month you'll
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the Drift story, how we work and our goals for the future
- Experience an in-depth product training, including learning how to use the product for your own business
- Meet your teammates and integrate into the CS and Enablement organizations
- Rigorously inspect and document the CS motions, processes, and personnel
- Deliver a prioritized list of the top three areas of focus for CS Enablement, with justifications as to why those are the areas to work on
- Conduct your first experiment or training, and deliver your first ‘ship’
By month 3 you'll
- Have run several cycles of plan, execute, measure and root cause against your top priorities
- Be regularly reporting results of the work you are doing to the senior leadership in CS
- Have shared a key insight you have uncovered in your work, how you addressed it, and what the results were with the Executive Leadership Team
- Have complete ownership over the onboarding, continuous learning and content services for the CS organization
By month 6 you'll
- Have developed a Manager Enablement program for the CS leadership team
- Be multiplying the effects of your work by training the leadership team to amplify your programs
- Delivering a measurable impact on the org and the business as a whole
The CS Enablement Manager will play a central role in ensuring our CS team is equipped to help our prospects be successful with Drift. This will include both onboarding new reps and leveling up the existing team. We expect our enablement team to understand our broader Customer Success strategy, identify areas to improve, design learning and certification experiences, and execute all the way through to full job readiness. You should be prepared to share your work, and be able to measure the impact you are having on performance. You must learn from every cycle, and constantly improve your process, efficiency, and results.
Additional elements of the job include:
- Design the onboarding experience for new CS hires
- Training existing reps
- Analyze and report results of the programs you are running
- Designing future training programs
- Call coaching reps at all levels
- Supporting product ‘marketable moments’
- Developing customer assets / content, both customer-facing and rep-facing
- Creating training videos / content for our LMS
- Working with CS leadership to develop training plans
- Constantly updating your own job skills via books, webinars, podcasts, etc
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 4 years job experience in the Customer Success Management field
- Experience in CS management preferred
- History of successfully building and implementing CS training programs
- Familiarity with Conversational Intelligence, LMS and Sales Enablement software
- Strong public speaking skills
- Process orientation
- Analytical skills
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]