Manager, Customer Onboarding Services
Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the role and team
We put the customer at the center of everything we do, and everyone who works at Drift has a part in driving customer success. The goal of onboarding to ensure our customers launch Drift successfully, adopt it into their organization, and achieve the results and value they want in partnership with the Customer Success team. We are currently looking to grow our Onboarding team to ensure customers are set up to realize the full potential of their Drift investment.
As a Manager of Onboarding Services you will manage our Onboarding team and be responsible for interviewing, hiring, evaluating, training, coaching and leading a team of new and established Onboarding Specialists. You will also be responsible for partnering across teams to fully deploy and operationalize onboarding services in support of customer health and customer retention.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- Helping to develop and scale our Customer Onboarding Program to better service our customers and leading to healthier and happier customers.
- Working effectively with Customer Success Managers to transition onboard customers into the Customer Success organization effectively.
- Coaching, enabling and developing your team to align with individual, team and company goals
- Being an important player in recruiting and interviewing within the department as we continue to grow the group.
- Lead internal process initiatives and focus on cross functional alignment with other teams such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Company Success and Product
By month 3 you'll:
- Propose process changes that will ensure your team’s future success.
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide the best in class onboarding process.
- Master your knowledge of Drift products and have a deep understanding of the industry.
- Collaborate with your team to establish a deep understanding of each customer in their book of business. Ensure process adherence and positive progress towards customer health.
- Serve as an escalation point for your team.
- Advise each team member on development points.
- Your team should be achieving your customer onboarding targets.
- Establish a cadence of working with other Managers on the CS team.
- Work with Drift’s People Team to find a Manager mentor.
- Kick off and lead one customer onboarding to dive deeper into team process and develop understanding of customer experience.
By month 6 you'll:
- Have a proactive, independently managed routine established for working with your team.
- Help team drive customers successfully through onboarding within a fast paced environment.
- Help recruit and hire open positions on your team.
- Be consistently hitting and exceeding your onboarding and health targets. Develop process efficiencies in partnership with the team, CS enablement and Product.
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth for yourself and each team member you manage.
- Bring your thinking, strategy and ideas to the team to advance our creative culture and vision for the future.
By 1 year you'll:
- Consistently execute in the role as a leader
- Scale and grow customer onboarding offerings
- Influence initiatives across other departments
- Retain and promote top performers on the team
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 2+ years of management experience
- 8+ years of experience within a customer success organization or comparable customer-facing role
- Tech experience preferred
- Willingness to experiment – even if something doesn't work, be prepared to learn from your failures.
- Ability to work across teams including marketing, product, sales, IT and operations.
- Team player, coach and developer of talent. Have a passion for success and making customers happy.
- Quick learner, always looking to embrace and master new technologies.
- Deep understanding of the needs of growing businesses and a strong business acumen.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]