Health, Safety, & Wellness Coordinator at InterSystems
The Health, Safety, & Wellness Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Operations and oversees health, safety and wellness efforts for over 280,000ft2 of commercial Class A office space located at the world headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
- Manage and lead all Covid-19 related initiatives, safety requirements, and sanitation measures to ensure a safe, clean office environment.
- Remain up to date on all CDC, state and local government requirements related to Covid-19 and ensure office compliance.
- Perform daily inspections to ensure a safe, clean, productive work environment.
- Create and maintain accurate documents, including floor plans, equipment maintenance, work requests, shipping & receiving.
- Create and follow-up on corrective work orders as necessary.
- Support work order management for in house staff and vendors as necessary.
- Ability to delegate and oversee tasks of peers in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
- Liaise with building landlord, security, parking and janitorial staff as well as outside vendors.
- Basic understanding of construction drawings and MEP plans.
- Assist with Security & Fire/Life safety programs.
- Assist with maintenance of phone system, access control, Cisco Audio Visual systems and video conferencing system.
- Assist with office moves and new employee workspace set ups.
- Provide support before, during and after a critical/emergency event.
- Assist with corporate events, which can take place outside of regular business hours - on/off site.
- Assist in the development and management of operational budgets; continuously identify cost saving opportunities.
- Coordinate efforts with other departments including Administration, HR, Finance, Legal and IT.
- Function occasionally as point of contact for senior management.
- Other assigned tasks as required.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 - 5 years corporate property management or facilities experience preferred.
- Experience managing people and/or a team, along with relationships of various levels of management. Ability to maintain department …. In Facility Manager absence.
- Valid, clean driver's license in Massachusetts is required.
- This position requires exerting up to 40 pounds of force in order to lift, carry, pull or remove objects.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Workday, iOffice, Visio or CAD, Mitel/ShoreTel Phone system. BOMA and / or IFMA designations.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to pull data from several sources to produce meaningful analytical trends and analysis.
FYI: Corporate business hours are Mon – Fri, 8:30AM to 5PM; However, the Facilities Dept hours are Mon - Fri from 7:30AM - 6PM. The ability to work flexible hours and weekends, if needed, for projects such as Office Moves, Construction & Repair work, or Events is required.
This is an exempt position.About InterSystems
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.