Group Product Manager, Data Science at Klaviyo
Data Science driven insights, optimization and guidance is an important pillar of Klaviyo’s vision and strategy and a key differentiator. Klaviyo made early and large investments in Data Science. Our Data Science team is on pace to grow to a team of 50 data scientists and engineers by the end of 2021. In partnership with the VP of Data Science, you will own the vision, roadmap and execution for Data Science; and have the opportunity to not only make a huge impact and help drive Klaviyo’s success and our customers’ success, but set industry standards for data science driven optimization and guidance.
As the Group Product Manager of Data Science you will oversee Data Science related product areas and lead the Product Managers for those areas. We’re looking for a Group Product Manager who is passionate about Data Science drive optimization and guidance, and has expertise bringing new product innovations to market and building and leading a great product team along the way.
How you’ll make a difference
- Group Product Managers are outstanding leaders, managers, coaches, and mentors. As such, they positively impact the contributions and career trajectories of many Klaviyos.
- Group Product Managers are exceptional at articulating their thinking through the written word. By being great and prolific communicators, they are force-multipliers at Klaviyo.
- Group Product Managers lead by example. The rigor they apply to decision making is extreme, so we make the best decisions at all times.
- But most important of all, Group Product Managers drive business outcomes, which in turn help our customers grow.
What you’ll do
- Lead, manage, coach, and mentor - you will be a leader within the company, you will be a manager to the people on your team, you will be a coach and mentor to other Klaviyos.
- Collaborate and communicate - you will collaborate with all teams within the company and all parties outside of the company to be most effective in your role.
- Guide product strategy - you will help define our vision for data science driven insights, optimization and guidance. You will ensure projects with the largest impact get prioritized for your product areas, guiding PMs as they work towards a greater vision.
- Learn - you will be a voracious learner. A lack of experience/knowledge around a challenge is an invitation to dive deep and become an expert in that area. You should love learning and tackling new challenges.
Your First 90 Days
In your first 30 days:
- Immerse yourself in an onboarding program that introduces you to the company and the product.
- Spend time with Support, Sales and Success teams. There’s no better way to learn the product and to get to know our customers.
- Be introduced to everyone you need to know to be successful in your role.
In your first 60 days:
- Start managing the Product Managers on your team.
- Critically evaluate how we work, and identify ways to improve your team’s impact and efficiency.
In your first 90 days:
- Take the ways we can improve that you identify, and start implementing them.
- Lead the evolution of the strategy and roadmap for your product areas.
- Start contributing to knowledge sharing with the larger product team. We value learning and growth very highly.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.