Field Account Manager
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Field Account Manager (FAM) role works with our largest dealer partners and is responsible for post-sale onboarding of dealerships as well as supporting them throughout their customer lifecycle. The FAM role has a strong relationship with both internal (Field Sales Directors) and external (dealer partners) stakeholders. As the primary contact for dealers and dealer groups, FAMs are responsible for providing an effective and communicative support experience along with proactive, consultative feedback to ensure dealers are getting the most out of their subscription. FAMs work closely with Field Sales Directors to drive growth within the existing customer base through renewals, product upgrades, and new product sales.
What You'll Do:
- Manage account base of roughly 350-400 existing field accounts (75-100 groups)
- Become a subject matter expert on all CarGurus products (listings, display advertising, SEM, and new product initiatives)
- Complete post-sale onboarding training for new dealerships and dealership personnel
- Provide dealership and group-level performance analysis; identify areas of potential improvement
- Educate dealers on how to maximize the value of the CarGurus platform by leveraging tools, reports, and best practices
- When appropriate, work with customer to follow-up on technical, billing, and content issues
- Advanced cross-departmental collaboration (support, billing, content, product and engineering) to convey key issues to the rest of the CarGurus organization.
- Maintain strong relationships with Field Sales Directors and support the progression of MRR growth opportunities via back-office support, ongoing customer engagement, and leveraging existing relationships to recognize growth opportunities
- deep and wide-ranging relationships with dealership decision makers and staff, increasing our span of influence and the number of CG Champions within the dealership
- Prospect, identify, and qualify up-sell/cross-sell opportunities and renewal candidates to directly support MRR expansion efforts
- Confidently pitch product enhancements, upgrades, and the value proposition of potential expansion opportunities
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of Account Management or Client Services experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong sense of customer service
- Good organizational & problem-solving abilities
- Able to adapt to change within a rapidly evolving business environment
- Analytical capacity (data analysis, recognizing performance trends and causation)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft office experience (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Self-starter, strong internal motivation
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.