About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Each Enterprise Support Specialist (Weekend) serves as the point of contact supporting the LevelUp platform for users, merchants, partners, and internal teams. This role will provide the opportunity to learn and own specialty areas, expand your knowledge and responsibilities, work on projects across various departments within the organization, grow within our team and organization, and influence the optimization of our processes, all while helping customers and working with a tight-knit team.
Support believes in learning, growing, and promoting internally: as agents complete projects assigned to them, achieve high customer satisfaction and quality assurance scores on their tickets, knock volume expectations out of the park, and more, they'll earn badges. Earning badges unlocks access to promotions and a variety of growth path opportunities, including leadership, technical escalation, or specific subject matter expertise. As in life, so it is with support: choose your own adventure!
Each agent will have a set schedule that will include four ten hour shifts per week, including one shift on a weekend day (Saturday, with the option to work from home); the remaining three shifts will occur in-office during the M-F work week. Candidates must be available during our business hours (7 a.m. - 11 p.m.), as well as certain holidays. We’re happy to discuss how these hours are set in more detail during the interview process.
All shifts will also require availability for about two months of training and shadowing during 9:00 am to 5:30 pm business hours, and weekly availability to visit the office during those hours for further training, meetings, company events, etc.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Focus on excellent customer service while troubleshooting and solving issues, and explaining our platform
- Collaborate to identify and implement solutions to technical requests from users and merchants, escalating issues when necessary
- Accurately document requests while adhering to Support protocols
- Validate and translate user and merchant requests into feedback for the platform
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the product
- Participate in the support team on-call rotation on nights and weekends to provide outside of business hours support and improve response time
You Should Have
- 1-3 years experience in call center, tech support, food service management, or another role that honed great customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages
- Flexibility and adaptability like ‘whoa’; day-to-day tasks will change quickly
- Radiate awesomeness at all times: show a positive attitude and confidence, be team-oriented, have a sense of humor
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.