Elearning Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast’s People Team is continuously growing and changing! Come build scalable, authentic learning experiences that will shape the next generation of Toasters. Toast is looking for a Learning Experience Designer to join the People & Organizational Development (the POD) team. The POD sits within the People Success team, and designs organizational learning and people development including manager enablement, leadership development, DEI workshops, and coaching, as well as elearning platforms to drive personalized learning experiences. We also partner across the organization to support learning and enablement for talent and performance management, and track analytics to measure impact. These solutions enable and accelerate capability for Toast employees, managers and leaders to scale with the rapid pace of the business.
This individual will apply instructional design methodologies and modern trends to help build our Toast curriculum, specifically in the design and deployment of self-paced, digital online modules and partnering with program owners to build online and blended learning solutions. You will provide educational technical and instruction design support distance learning programs. The ideal individual will also need ample experience managing LMS systems including how to assign, launch, track and measure learning activities and creating targeted learning paths.
The ideal candidate must be self-driven and have the capability and confidence to interface effectively with senior leaders, and multiple stakeholders. Excellent communication skills, the ability to influence with limited authority, and planning/project management skills are critical for this role. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced, rigorous environment with changing priorities. If this sounds like you, read on and apply!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, develop and curate interactive, performance-based learning and development approaches in multiple modalities, including synchronous remote learning methodologies, blended classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules, tool/process learning labs, etc.
- Partner with Toast communities and leaders, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other key stakeholders to identify the most appropriate content and approach to meet learning needs and required timelines
- Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another format, as needed (usually from face-to-face to eLearning or virtual settings)
- Publish engaging course content and learning activities for ILT, online, and virtual modalities with continuous evaluation/improvement cycles for the course content
- Analyze audience, content, technologies, operational constraints, and trade-offs associated with selecting the best delivery methods for each objective to ensure engagement and impact.
- Upload, test, and maintain content to an LMS; Run reports and analyze relevant metrics that contribute to continuous improvement of instructional design and training processes
- Manage and administrator all aspects of the LMS system, including vendor management and partnering across Toast to ensure consistent taxonomy, structure, process and privileges are maintained.
- Provide ongoing training, system updates and on LMS and other Toast elearning platforms.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Learning or Instructional Design, Technology or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in instructional design and developing learning content with adult learning theory utilizing multiple learning methods and linking appropriate methods with learners and outcomes
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders, subject matter experts, front-line managers, and front-line employees
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, developing, planning, implementing, and assessing training for teams and organizations in multiple modalities (ILT, gamification, e-learning, video)
- Innovative and proactive problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations
- Superior communication and influencing skills with the ability to communicate effectively and credibly both verbally and in writing with audiences at all management levels
- Demonstrated proficiency with SCORM compliant production tools including eLearning development tools such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, or Flash and Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult and/or technical concepts and processes using clear and simple language and visuals
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required