Director, Vendor Risk Management at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance is looking to hire a Director, Vendor Risk Management. In this important role, the accomplished individual will have oversight of all global vendor relationships and be responsible for assessing vendor performance, compliance and risk management across all of Nuance in conjunction with individual divisions, departments and programs. This individual will be working out of our Burlington, MA HQ facility once we return to our offices sometime in 2021.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide input into the strategic direction, mission and vision of the vendor management function in alignment with the strategic and operational objectives of the Nuance Procurement strategy
- Establish a baseline of vendor risk, identify areas of potential exposure, develop and align vendor risk management strategies with Nuance customer’s goals and objectives, and execute program ensuring consistency.
- Support the design and implementation of a common and consistent vendor risk management (“VRM”) program to effectively manage vendor risk in accordance with internal policy and Federal/State Regulatory requirements.
- Establish internal and external policies, standards and processes for vendor interactions, including the evaluation of vendor products and services and the pursuit and qualification of new vendors
- Maintain a structured internal governance framework to ensure effective oversight of vendor risk and procurement compliance.
- Classify and rationalize the vendor portfolio so that focus can be applied to the most strategically important vendor relationships/engagements
- Ensure that the metrics used to evaluate performance are properly tied to business outcomes and are bias-free, and that communications around these metrics are clear
- Partner with Business Units & internal support functions to help ensure that all risk assessment and mitigation requirements have been met; risk is monitored & mitigated throughout testing/ development/ implementation and use.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including Security, Privacy, Legal, Procurement and business resources to develop criteria and best practices for vendor selection, global sourcing strategies, contract negotiations, performance management measurements, and service delivery models for key vendors
- Serve as the point of contact between the vendor management function and internal customers consuming vendor services and solutions. Seek continuous feedback from business leaders to ensure satisfaction with delivered products and services, addressing any identified issues or concerns
- Manage the communication process with vendors, including what information should be communicated, when and by whom, to ensure that appropriate leverage is preserved
- Establish a strategic roadmap of features and criteria to be incorporated into the vendor risk management program driving continuous improvement into the program
- Manage the selection/maintenance/enhancement of tools for use in the vendor management function, including vendor tracking, analytics, and performance management tools (e.g., scorecards and dashboards)
- Bachelor’s degree and formal education in relevant disciplines (e.g., Business, Information Systems), or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years related experience in managing vendor performance and relationship management, including experience in evaluating capabilities and services, negotiating agreements, and managing vendor activities against associated operating/service level agreements
Required Skills & Experience:
- Deep vendor performance and risk management experience
- Knowledge of applicable concepts, methodologies, and governance structures to manage risk programs
- Proven Contract Management experience
- Demonstrated expertise in Program Management
- Entrepreneurial mindset, ability to take ownership from concept to implementation
- Strategic and creative thinker - Ability to solve complex problems
- Strong team player with a proven track record of being an effective influencer
- Continuous improvement/process management experience including relevant certifications (e.g., Lean Six Sigma)
- Experience in technology and health care industries
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.