About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
At Grubhub, we strive to achieve and maintain the Grubhub experience: the most transparent, fastest, lowest cost, highest quality, and most precise delivery network in the world. We are looking for an experienced leader to help deliver this vision and lead the strategy for the Logistics team. The Front-Line Operations (FLO), Logistics supports multiple lines of business including real time order management, driver supply, driver fraud, and restaurant operations team. This team is made up of over 175 Specialists, Team Leads, and Managers.
What You Bring to the Table
We are seeking a visionary leader to oversee the Front Line Operations team. As a Director of Front Line Operations on the Logistics Team, you will responsible for :
- Develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- Manage high impact programs and projects involving the implementation, and ongoing improvement of critical to quality processes and systems
- Motivate and provide strong coaching while developing a culture that drives engagement and embraces diversity and inclusion.
- Partner with cross functional business owners to ensure effective and efficient operations deliver acceptable services level.
- Effectively manage strategic partners critical to FLO’s success, reviewing SLA's, quality and ensuring consistency
- Instill a “Lean” practices culture, based on a continuous improvement mindset to eliminate non value adding activities.
- Determine the short and long term plan and priorities for the Front Line Operations teams
- Drive continuous improvement to ensure we continually enhance the Grubhub experience - automation is a top priority
- Build strong relationships across product, engineering, support, and other Grubhub teams - collaboration is key as we move fast and need to work together to get things done
What You Bring to the Table
- 12+ years experience in a high volume customer support operations, with at least logistics
- 8+ years experience leading teams and organizations with a track record of success
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing new processes and procedures necessary to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and customer retention
- Superior flexibility and ability to navigate (and help others succeed in) an ever-changing environment with moving business targets
- Excellent analytic skills and knowledge of reporting tools effectively presenting actionable insights at various levels throughout the organization- SQL is a plus
- High endurance, high integrity, and sky-high expectations for self and others.
- Assertive leader that is able to operate in a fast paced environment
- Experience working w/ technical systems help drive a best-in-class technology platform
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MBA preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.