Markforged is reinventing manufacturing so you can build anything you imagine. As the fastest-growing additive manufacturing company in the US, Markforged provides the most affordable metal and carbon fiber 3D printers on the market. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged products for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and production parts to optimize their manufacturing operations and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally and $137 million in both strategic and venture capital.
We need exceptionally talented and versatile people to join our team in Watertown, MA and support our growing customer base. If you have a vision of how to drive an exceptional customer experience through excellent technical support, online content and training and can effectively lead a team to achieve that success, we would love to speak with you. We are looking for an innovative, dynamic, and driven leader to effectively lead our Customer Solutions team. We're looking for someone who has a passion for making customers successful and creating a positive team work environment that will thrive in a department that carries high expectations and visibility.
In this role you will:
- Manage our Customer Support, Technical Documentation and Training Teams.
- Manage the performance and growth of a fast growing 20 person team.
- Make Customer Solutions a competitive advantage through excellence at every customer and Value Added Reseller (VAR) touch point.
- Be accountable for service metrics and response quality of incoming tickets both internally and to the channel.
- Improve the customer experience through intuitive and high quality technical self help content.
- Drive training and certification of our Value Added Resellers to provide a high level of support to their customers and hold them to the same level of quality we will hold ourselves.
- Create efficiency and scalable processes that support our customers, allow us to scale and turn data info valuable feedback for the rest of the business.
- Drive the roadmap, selection and development of Customer Support tools and systems.
- Advocate for the customer and team through the Software, Hardware and Materials NPI programs and ensure the team is ready and positioned to succeed.
- Analyze, develop and launch process and tools both internally and externally to our Value Added Reseller network.
- Build a positive team culture that is recognized by the business and puts the customer first.
What we look for:
- Excellent people and relationship management
- Detail oriented and capable of managing complex processes and programs
- Experience working with or leading external and global support teams
- 5+ years of customer facing experience, ideally in management
- Experience creating technical content and training programs
- Experience leading support in a channel focused business
- Experience working with and building process in ticketing platforms such as Zendesk, Salesforce, or JIRA
- Ability to lead change, coach and manage individuals to improve operational efficiencies
- Ability to make data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence effectively across organizational levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background or work related experience in: Systems Engineering, Hardware, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or Software; 3D Printing or Robotics experience is a plus
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description