Director of Client Success, Large Districts
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 500 school systems serving seven million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators get data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $32 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the role:
A central part of Panorama’s success has been our extraordinary Client Success team, which manages the entire client experience, including onboarding, project design and delivery, technical implementation, and ensuring that our partners use Panorama in a manner that drives improvement of student outcomes. Our clients frequently report that Panorama is their favorite organization to work with. We work individually and as a tightly knit team to maintain exceptional Net Promoter Score (NPS) results, renewal rates, and referral counts.
To support our rapid growth, we are organizing our Client Success team to explicitly lead and serve each of our three client segments: Districts and Schools; Large Districts; and Strategic Engagements. The Large Districts segment includes all organizations serving from 9,500-50,000 students. As the Client Success Director of the Large Districts segment, you will lead and grow Panorama’s Client Success organization, developing service-delivery, technical support, strategic planning, and renewal processes in ways that simultaneously scale and ensure clients get extraordinary value with Panorama. You will lead a team that is responsible for two core functions: Project Design and Delivery (implementation and professional services) and Impact and Engagement (account management, strategic advising, renewals). You will be responsible for the overall health and success of Panorama’s Large Districts segment, with goals including NPS, user engagement and impact, renewals, referrals, and expansion sourcing. The Director of Large Districts will be responsible for developing a fast-growing team, ensuring each individual and the team as a whole are both successfully delivering to clients and innovating to ensure we improve.
This leader will develop Panorama’s long-term vision and approach for serving this segment, as well as the repeatable processes, resources, and high-performing team to deliver on this vision. You will own the success of the Large Districts segment from the standpoints of both client love and business viability. This position reports to the VP of Client Success.
- Own Panorama’s client success strategy and operations in the Large Districts segment
- Own key goals around client love/NPS, user engagement and impact, renewals, referrals, sourcing expansions, and lifetime value
- Ensure high-quality delivery of services to Panorama’s clients in this segment
- Hire, grow, and evaluate members of the team; build this segment as a high-performing team
- Define and continuously improve Panorama’s client success model and client lifecycle
- Build and optimize repeatable client success processes, and pursue smart automation and systems, so that Panorama can grow revenue without scaling headcount linearly
- Seek out “moonshot” opportunities to 10x the impact of Panorama’s client success function
- Continue and strengthen the deep love for clients and the deep focus on student outcomes that runs through this team - and across Panorama
- Deeply understand our clients and the market, and be an important voice in the product development process
- As a leader in a high growth environment, continuously plan for the future and build the next generation of client success at Panorama
- Significant leadership experience in customer success or education, either:
- (a) leading a customer success organization or a team within a high performing customer success organization (e.g., support, professional services), or
- (b) serving as a leader in a large school district or commensurate experience working with large school districts as an outside partner (for example, as a consultant to large districts)
- Leadership experience as a builder and innovator (for example, building new functions, developing and launching innovative ideas)
- Experience scaling teams and creating repeatable processes - especially in a high growth environment where leaders and teams must continuously reinvent themselves
- Inspiring leader, and highly effective communicator
- Deeply passionate about creating an extraordinary customer experience and building a team culture of customer obsession
- Skilled at building a highly effective talent machine:, onboarding, retaining, and continuously developing high-performing team members (experience as a “manager of managers” a plus)
- Data-driven and results-oriented leader
- Passionate about education (education experience a plus but not necessary)
- Preferred: Strong understanding of the SaaS business model and dynamics of a successful recurring revenue organization
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.