Director, Business Operations- Automotive Division
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Automotive team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. When it comes to automotive technology, we’re futurists, re-imagining what’s possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines – then making it happen. If you’re ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We’ve reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world. Today, we’re shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
At Nuance Automotive, we’re futurists, re-imagining what’s possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines – then making it happen. If you’re ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We’ve reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world. Today, we’re shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
While we’re busy building the next generation of the in-car user experience, we’re also focused on the next step: spinning off from Nuance into a new, independent, publicly traded company that will be solely focused on the growing mobility assistant market and its adjacent opportunities – autonomous cars, smart cities, enhanced shared mobility, and more – that are on the horizon. Our new company will be a fast-moving, innovative organization that will use our 20-year history as a springboard to the next level. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Nuance Automotive.
The Director, Business Operations is a critical leader in delivering Financial Management and Program Management (PMO) Global Technology Solutions organization. This group is delivering complex technology infrastructure programs/projects to meet the substantial growth of the business, most of which is currently in Azure or in the process of being migrated to Azure. This role is critical to aligning the GTS organization with R&D to provide software development lifecycle infrastructure and operations excellence. Partner with Finance, Procurement, development and product management teams to ensure a robust business operation from proof of concept projects, to development to production. Build, grow and manage a team of distributed program managers and business analysts to help set and market the operational strategy and foster a culture to expand our existing Azure cloud footprint, as well as lead the migration of new products to the Azure or other cloud infrastructure. Lead, continuously communicate the financial forecasting, program and budget status/progress.
We are looking for someone who can implement program and financial governance and continually improve our Azure cloud-based and hosted infrastructure and processes, so we can maximize people resource capacity as well as command and control of our operational expenses. As the Director, Technology Business Operations this role will need a sound understanding of IT infrastructure and practical experience building out PMO to support large-scale and complex platforms. Additionally, as the Director, Technology Business Operations you will bring a solid understanding of Program management and financial governance to help guide, market and operationalize our vision and strategy for scale and measurable efficiencies.
To be successful in this role this role you will have the knowledge and proven experience of IT Program Management, Financial Management in IT/Cloud area including budget and forecasting. Re-enforce our team’s values and establish the development and production service and financial KPIs which drive our success. Additionally, this will be a dynamic role that thrives in a results driven culture that values innovation, leadership, and collaboration.
- Be a trusted partner that Interfaces with the Corporate Finance, Procurement, R&D/Product groups to understand the infrastructure needs associated with planning of new products and expansion of existing products.
- Understand, market, help prioritize and evangelize technology programs/projects to regularly drive the interface of R&D developers with engineers resulting in high levels of engagement and between the organizations with measurable status and outcomes.
- Manage technology vendor relationships and contract renewals, including negotiation and quarterly reviews
- Establish, maintain and continuous report out to Leadership and all its stakeholders of programs Technology is involved in – including status, risks, resource capacity and financial investments.
- Oversee quarterly business review calendar, templates and metrics.
- Continuously analyze, report out on costs per product in relation to each products revenue.
- For Public Cloud hosted products, lead monthly forecasting exercises with Dev Ops, R&D, Product Managements and Sales to increase accuracy and financial transparency.
- Help establish, market, and continuously measure SLAs for Infrastructure and Application Services and assures the SLAs are aligned to business expectations.
- Responsible for strategy and planning for Infrastructure and Application Services teams and aligning team activities to the objectives of the department, regularly assessing progress.
- Ensure the development and use of an effective preventive maintenance program – continuous eliminate opex waste for programs and services that can be eliminated or reduced.
- Contribute and enhance financial and operational policies and procedures for Infra and App Services
- Hire, develop and manage a team of highly skilled managers, program managers and business analysts.
- Enforces ITIL Services standards, procedures, documentation requirements and policies
- Responsible for budget and forecasting accuracy. Leading cross functional teams of IT, financial, R&D and Product management leadership to ensure continuous financial understanding
- and accuracy.
- Play a leadership role identifying opportunities for cost savings or operational efficiencies leveraging cloud technology and define business cases for migration where appropriate.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure
- Complex business operational problem-solving ability in a diverse and distributed R&D and Hosted Operations’ environments
- Proven track record of strong vendor management and negotiation skills
- Proven track record of strong program and financial management especially within IT or software companies.
- Proven leadership, project management, and coaching skills
- Proven experience supporting public cloud environment
- Experience of the Software Development Lifecycle
Education: BS, MBA a plus
Minimum years of work experience: 15
Required skills: 5+ years of IT or Software Financial Management, data center, server, and storage management
7+ Years of experience in technical project management in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
5+ Years of experience in a management role
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.