Digital Customer Care Specialist REMOTE - US at MassMutual
What success looks like.
- Strong learning agility, critical thinking and effectively utilizing data to drive decisions
- Inclusion: A team mindset, encouraging individual engagement, building trust, fostering strong relationships and doing whatever it takes to get the job done for each and every member of our team
- Resilience: Ability to rebound from failures, seeing the lesson as the opportunity to learn and grow and demonstrating composure and confidence in difficult and turbulent times
What your days and weeks will include.
- Provide assistance to applicants, policyholders, advisors & brokers and their field support staff (Assistants, New Business Coordinators, etc.) for our MassMutual Direct and all Coverpath products via phone, email & chat spanning both pre-policy and post-issue servicing.
- For pre-policy servicing, provide quotes, guide the prospective customer through the application process & any technical challenges, schedule/manage medical exams and explain workflows and procedures related to the application process.
- Support advisors/brokers/field staff through sending links, completing applications and monitoring application progress through their Account Center.
- Interact with the underwriting team to respond to offers, follow-ups and questions.
- For post-issue servicing, manage billing changes/issues, process policy changes, and support customers with their policy inquiries/requests (reinstatements, loans, dividend/rider changes, claims, etc.)
- Handle policyholder inquiries and ensure that problems are resolved and action steps are communicated to the policyholder.
- Process policy values (e.g., understand and calculate cash values, premium refunds or amounts due, loan balances or loan interest refunds).
- Manage advisor requests to explore alternative coverage options when applicable.
- Manage and resolve level 1 technical issues that customers or field partners may experience
- Contact Center experience is a strong preference (1+ year)
- Remote work experience preferred
- Life Insurance experience is a plus
- Have a basic understanding of technology – comfortable with the various browsers and basic computer functions.
- Flexibility to work any schedule within 8am-8pm EST Monday – Friday with limited weekend hours.
- Comfortable with a structured scheduling – scheduled breaks and lunches and willingness to adjust your schedule when there are business needs
- Comfortable with switching between channels such as phone, email or chat based on daily demands.
- Capable of helping with our strategic approach and execution of our digital servicing and initiatives that drive exceptional experiences and success for the organization
- Comfort with limited role clarity and definition, being broader than deep, adapting to changing team needs and requirements rather than sitting in a defined box
- Strong client-facing skills, excellent multi-tasking, self-organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, leveraging good interpersonal skills and team mindset
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate, influence, build trust and maintain strong working relationships while demonstrating humility, respect, urgency, curiosity and courage
- Works well in diverse, fast paced and dynamic professional environment
- Demonstrates strong energy level and a passion for service and performance excellence