Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable diseases in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We're looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embark Veterinary is searching for a Full-Time Customer Support Representative to join our growing team!
To be successful in this role, you should have experience in customer support and a high EQ. Your primary responsibility focuses on resolving customer inquiries and questions through direct support via our customer support platform, chat, social media, telephone, and email. Inquiries involve shipping, tracking, and order placement, explaining and answering questions about our products, and discussing results with customers.
The role will encompass a wide variety of duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide superior customer care to dog owners and breeders worldwide.
- Learn all about dog genetics
- Capture, curate, and distribute product feedback across the company.
- Interface with sales and marketing to ensure that Embark’s customer care experience is an integral part of our value proposition.
- 1+ year of customer support experience
- Prior start-up and/or retail experience is a plus
- Must be available to work on nights and weekends
- Ability to compartmentalize the last unpleasant call or email to provide a friendly, professional experience on the next
- Ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting demands
- Must love dogs!
What We Offer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark Veterinary Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.