Customer Support Manager at Drift
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Ellie Mae, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
What's it like to work at Drift?
We help companies build better pipeline faster by connecting them now with the people who want to buy now. Drift is changing the way businesses buy from businesses by building software tools that make conversational commerce accessible to anyone. We want the world to revolve around the customer, and we lead by example.
About the role
An outstanding opportunity to join one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston to lead our Customer Advocate (CA) Team. The CA team is one of the most important groups in Drift as it is on the frontline providing support to our most important asset, our Customers. You will lead a group of 10 CA Advocates, coaching them delivering a best in class experience with our customers, advocating for the customer within Drift, developing the CA teams’ skillset and helping us refine our processes to deliver best-in-class support.
About what you’ll be doing on the team
In one month you’ll…
- Attend training to learn the Drift story, how we work, and our goals for the future
- Learn how Drift works and why our customers use it
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and all your direct reports
- Shadow colleagues, learn best practices for what makes Drift Customers successful
- Manage frontline team & remote team to ensure they are driving the Drift customer experience
- Document your learnings on our experience and identify areas of improvement
By month 3 you’ll…
- Continue to master your knowledge of the Drift product and leverage this to figure out how to enable ongoing learnings for the team
- Own customer escalations and guide the team on how to de-escalate
- Coach and develop the team on the spot and through 1:1s using observations, feedback, and metrics
- Provide a strong perspective on the Drift customer experience and bring it to life through feedback to the team, customer communication, and internal partnerships
- Be an active voice for the team advocating for what they need to do their jobs better
By month 6 you’ll…
- Oversee training, on-boarding, and continued education for the customer advocacy team
- Enable team and help them execute on projects that synthesize customer interactions and internal Drift processes to improve the customer experience
- Identify and take on initiatives for team growth (both in terms of headcount as well as individual development) and customer experience
- Manage a team that is consistently hitting and exceeding the customer experience goals you have set forth for them
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
You will be strongly customer centric and passionate about making a difference in your role. You will be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to think independently and at the same time want to continue to learn and develop your skill set. You will be a thinker and problem solver. You will be a team player, able to work across different departments and different management levels and focussed on solving customer issues and helping us solve business problems. You will be a leader and a teacher, passionate about developing a group of professionals in their skillset and career.
Specifically you will be:
- Experience managing a growing support team. We want someone who has done it before and can use their experiences to help us build a world class department and team.
- Have 5+ years of experience in a tech company, ideally with some start-up experience
- A strong leader that values the idea of both metrics and the intangibles of the customer experience; you are both a strategic planner and can be hands on
- Passionate about technology and staying on top of ever changing industry trends
- A team player across the Company. We are building a great Company and passionate about having people committed to making the Company successful. You are very comfortable asking for help and always ready to help others
- Excited by change and can maintain order in a fast, fun and fascinating environment
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]