Customer Support Manager
Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We're looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embark Veterinary is searching for a Customer Support Manager. To be successful in this role, you should have experience in customer support and a high EQ. You should also have experience in managing a growing team, and a keen interest in learning more about the biology and genetics of dogs. Your primary responsibility focuses on resolving customer inquiries and questions through direct support via our customer support platform, chat, social media, telephone, and email. You will also be responsible for regular reporting of metrics to ensure the growth and scaling of the team, customer satisfaction, and encapsulation of issues to other departments.
- Provide superior customer care to dog owners and breeders worldwide.
- Assisting with escalated customers who may have more complicated issues or questions about their dog's results.
- Capture, curate, and distribute product feedback to the science, product, and executive teams.
- Weekly reporting of metrics (volume, csat, response time).
- Hiring and training individuals as the team grows.
- Interface with sales and marketing to ensure that Embark’s customer care experience is an integral part of our value proposition.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4-6 years of customer support experience in a managerial role.
- Intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn more about canine genetics.
- Prior start-up experience is a plus.
- Ability to compartmentalize the last unpleasant call to provide a friendly, professional experience on the next.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting demands.
- Must love dogs!
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark Veterinary Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.