Customer Success Manager, Drift Email at Drift
Customer Success Manager, Email Team
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
We are looking for an Associate Customer Success Manager to join the Drift Email team to onboard and support small accounts on the core Reply Management app. You would be responsible for training new customers, managing support tickets, and having conversations around app usage, strategy, and account health. You would work closely with the Email CS, Sales, and Product teams and would be a key player in helping to evolve and implement the larger Email Customer Success strategy.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- Supporting a book of ~250 Reply Management-only accounts
- Training new customers on the Reply Management app
- Fielding and responding to incoming Zendesk tickets from Email customers
- Answering questions and providing strategic recommendations on how to best use the Reply Management tool for your customers’ use cases
- Working closely with the Email Go-to-Market and Product teams as we continue to grow and scale our customer success strategy for Email
- Assisting in developing self-service help documentation
- Contributing actively to product feedback and advocating for customer pain points
In one month you'll...
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the Drift story, how we work and our goals for the future
- Learn the Siftrock story and how to work with this unique customer base
- Experience an in-depth product training
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and meet with other key players
- Shadow colleagues, learn best practices for what make Drift Customers successful
- Deliver customer onboarding calls and build strategic implementation plans for customers
- Get to know our training resources and identify areas of improvement
- Be fully responsible for your very own portfolio of customers and run calls independently
By month 3 you'll...
- Continue to master your knowledge of the Drift platform and have a deep understanding of the industry
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide best-in-class experience for our customers
- Continue to learn and apply the Conversational Email strategy with customers
- Work with customers regularly, delivering value and helping them achieve their goals
- Work with our Education team to continue building customer help documentation
- Identify and pass best-fit customers for upsell to larger Email plans, Email Bots, and Chat
- Should be achieving your Net Retention and Customer Onboarding targets (TBD)
By month 6 you'll...
- Have a proactive, independently managed routine established for working with your customers
- Drive customers successfully through onboarding and have a system for tracking progress
- Work with the rest of the Customer Success team to give feedback and implement our service level framework on Email
- Master conversational sales and marketing practices
- Be consistently hitting and exceeding your retention targets (TBD)
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
- Bring your thinking, strategy and ideas to the team to advance our vision for Email as part of the Drift platform
About you and what types of skills you’ll need:
If what you just read excites and describes you, we’d love to talk to you. We are looking for people who can challenge, inspire and motivate us to make amazing things happen for our customers.
We have a strong preference for:
- 3+ years of customer facing experience in an implementation, customer support, or customer success role,
- Software or Sales/Marketing experience preferred
- Technical experience in SaaS platforms, MarTech, and/or email
- Aptitude in fast-paced and high-growth environments
- Teacher DNA and excellent problem-solving skills
- Willingness to give and act on open and honest feedback
- Extreme ownership of your customers and their results on Drift Email
- Scrappiness, initiative, and willingness to roll up your sleeves and make things happen
- Presentation skills required to present in front of tenured executive and relay the customer’s success with Drift
- Exceptional verbal, written, and video communication
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]