Customer Success Advocate
CS Advocates will be a pool of resources who will man the Customer Success Desk and are focused on ensuring customer delight. They will be responsible for numbers of reactive tasks based on customer needs. The CS Advocate is a demanding role with many outcomes expected. It requires a highly-organized and efficient individual with strong communication skills, good business acumen, sound technical orientation and the ability to multi-task.
- Customer Delight
- Reactively executing on questions being raised by customers who are assigned to the Customer Success Desk.
- Driving customer satisfaction through timely response to inquiries.
- Act as a traffic cop ensuring the customer’s find their way to the appropriate Mimecast resource to answer their questions. Examples include licensing questions, invoicing questions, technical inquiries, etc.
- Customer Retention
- Work in collaboration with the Channel/Partner Management, Renewals and CS teams manage internal and external responses to customer cancellation notifications and other risk of client churn scenarios to mitigate loss of revenue within the customer base.
- For clients at risk of churn, regular updates will need to be provided to appropriate management and documented within the CRM System.
- General Customer Management
- Aim for one-call resolution to help with the workload.
- CS Advocate is expected to respond to requests for security questionnaires and other “business” related paperwork (for example the W-9 form in the US)
- Help troubleshoot and solve customer problems where appropriate, alternatively to be able to escalate where required and use additional internal resources to assist customers. Some examples here include; outage/issue inquires and potential credit requests for incidents, export inquiries (data size requests), ingestion updates and training questions.
- Identify upsell opportunities when talking with customers and ensure the appropriate Customer Development Manager is involved
- Drive customer education through training awareness and attendance, as well as ability to share knowledge and demonstrate or train when required
- Methodical and diligent record keeping and database management within the CRM system to illustrate engagement levels and value add
- Engage with Onboarding and Service Delivery teams to escalate issues to drive resolution
- Provide value to customers by:
- Driving Small Business customers to one-to-many engagements
- Being clear in your verbal and written communications
- Providing access to digital and scalable means such as online webinars
- Potential Proactive Engagement (when time permits)
- Services reviews as needed (for larger customers or key upsell opportunities defined by management)
- Administrative tasks to help CS team when they are on the road (pull reports, help with escalation, coordinate calls)
- Help ensure data accuracy in the CRM system for contacts (perhaps have access to a separate tool to help validate employees at our customer locations).
- 2-year degree preferred
- 1-3 year's work experience in a relevant role
- General knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel to help manage workload
- Good communication skills both written and verbal to communicate effectively with customers and internal stakeholders
- Good administrative skills including:
- Planning and time management to execute within given parameters
- Risk forecasting and reporting – general adherence to internal deadlines; ability to reprioritize tasks based off urgency
- Diligence in tracking activity within the CRM system
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; self-starter
- Bonus: Familiarity with Salesforce
Key Performance Indicators
- Revenue protection through retention and risk avoidance. Ensuring customers are using the service to obtain the highest value.
- Management and tracking of customer engagement within the CRM tool.
- Customer survey follow-up as time permits, including CXi, Net Promoter Score (NPS) and Mood surveys.
- Increase customer references as time permits (including quotes, verbal references, case studies, testimonials, referrals etc.).
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.