At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
Customer advocacy is at the heart of Hopper. We believe that every interaction before, during and after buying with Hopper should earn the customer’s trust and loyalty. We focus every company decision first on what’s best for our customers.
Customer service is an important driver of core business metrics, in particular retention and lifetime customer value. We measure the effectiveness of our work through this lens. We generate long-term revenue by providing services that customers value, and we will not charge fees or markups for support services that aren’t also available through a free self-serve feature.
The Customer Service Manager is vital in ensuring that we have the best possible support for our Air Insurance customers.
As a Service Manager, you'll coach, motivate and manage a team of top tier travel agents and Team Leads to ensure that they have the tools, process and data they need to help our customers. You will also work closely with our product development team as a crucial stakeholder to ensure that the pain points our customers experience during their travel journeys, and how our products help or fall short of solving those pain points, are addressed and accounted for. Lastly, you will work with the broader Customer Service organization to evaluate and manage team performance and quality, implement new processes and features and support the launch of new lines of businesses.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead and coach a team of 15-20 team members and help guests have a great experience with Hopper
- Set clear service level goals and deliver results, providing regular feedback on performance while developing a high-performing team culture
- Advocate for our customers at every step of the way to provide actionable insights for our product teams. This role has the most context for the joy and pain points our customers experience during their travel journeys, and how our products help or fall short of solving those pain points.
- Help build your organization through contributing to recruitment, training, defining team processes and organizational needs
- Organize and own 1-to-1 meetings with your team and be accountable for channel-specific KPIs and SLA.
- Work with key stakeholders across the organization in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experiment: we are an adventurous bunch so expect that anything and everything can change!
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience working in a customer service operational leadership role, preferably in SaaS and/or Travel
- At least two years of experience leading front-line teams to meet operational goals and targets; previous experience managing a remote team is crucial
- Excellent direct communication skills, written and verbal
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create solutions for operational problems
- Passion for mentorship and people development
- Material experience in responding quickly and efficiently to organizational and operational changes
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)