Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
We build trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual. If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Digital Operations – Customer Care Lead, to join our Digital Operations team.
Digital Operations – Customer Care Lead
Enterprise Technology and Experience
Why Join Us
- We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve learned a few things about making sure our customers are our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
- Recognized as a 2019 World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Why we need you.
- We’re growing, and our clients deserve the best. As a Digital Operations – Customer Care Lead you’ll have an opportunity to manage a team of 10-15 individuals, to support MassMutual’s Coverpath product.
- In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
Objectives of this role – What success looks like:
- Monitoring the production and service accuracy and quality of our Advocates through metrics and reporting, ensuring the team is delivering gold standard of service
- Applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex situations independently, understanding where and when to engage peer Directors and Consultants regarding Advocate feedback, trending and performance issues
- Contributing to the evaluation of business processes, offering feedback to requirements, identifying areas for improvement and supporting the development and implementation of solutions in partnership with peer Directors and Consultants
- Leveraging data to understand Customer Care performance, and analyze data to then influence changes to our process, training, coaching models, driving improved advisor, customer and associate experiences
- Leading Others: Creating an environment where teams work at their best, feel supported and valued and drives results for our business, balancing getting the work done with being "human" and willing to laugh and have fun
What your days and weeks will include:
- Motivate and align your team to our strategic approach, supporting the servicing needs of our clients and advisors as we scale Coverpath business through our new platform
- Being able to work within an 8AM-8PM environment (Weekends and night shift are NOT required in this role)
- Managing self and team through change, supporting a focus on incremental improvement above perfection
- Collaboration with business partners in NY and other peers
- Accountability for coaching, training as needed
- Lead the development of the front-line team who will be servicing advisors and customers.
- Strong learning agility, critical thinking and effectively utilizing data to drive decisions
- Inclusion: A team mindset, encouraging individual engagement, building trust, fostering strong relationships and doing whatever it takes to get the job done for each and every member of our team
- Resilience: Ability to rebound from failures, seeing the lesson as the opportunity to learn and grow and demonstrating composure and confidence in difficult and turbulent times
- Foster a culture that supports empowerment of your team, finding ways to uplift the group, while challenging them to perform better every day
- Identify ways to improve the way we operate our business
- Demonstrate positivity during challenging times
- Demonstrate the courage to find new ways to operate, thrive and learn quickly with inambiguous situations and to be able to figure out how to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8 years of experience working within a contact center environment
- Demonstrated success in leading teams, leading peers and/or leading strategy implementation
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve (documentation, workflow and experimentation)
- Demonstrated ability to influence continuous improvement
- Ability to monitor and manage data through various technology tools (Zendesk, Excel,etc.) owning data-driven performance decisions (demand/capacity, performance/quality, etc.) and leveraging data to influence change within our business
- Ability and willingness to travel to NY and Springfield 1-3 times a year
- Demonstrated experience and comfort working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated experience of working through challenging situations while leading with poise, and composure
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Insurance/Financial industry experience
- Experience managing others remotely
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.