Contact Center Operations Manager at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
The Operations Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day success and operational strategy for a newly formed customer support team, various Diner company initiatives and emerging customer projects. This Manager will understand the elements needed to drive sustained efficiency while identifying and recommending improvements that move the business ahead. They will drive results, as defined by the business owners, that improve the customer experience and consider cost for our Care department. The successful candidate will have a background in operations and deriving trends and insights from data. The position reports to a Senior Manager in Care Operations.
- Establish an analytical, operationally-oriented environment with Partner-based teams and have a bias towards action and a broad, long term strategy for the programs that represent GH business objectives.
- Represent Grubhub Care in working sessions and formal business reviews with outsource Partner leaders.
- Monitor, analyze and research KPI trends to ensure business results meet targets, and share results with appropriate teams to address gaps and/or insights to other areas.
- Strong understanding of day-to-day operational design, including systems and policy design. Demonstrate proficiency when consulting with teams to review changes.
- Represent process and system improvements in clear business terms that consider cost, effort, and value. Individual will build cases mostly independently with recommendations that could be presented to teams for review and prioritization.
- Explore and encourage insights from Partner teams and innovation that can be utilized in specific efforts and/or apply to broader Care business.
- Collaborate with the Care Leadership and various internal business partners to align on Care-wide strategy and projects.
- Learn from other Care teams and industry sources to evolve the models you support for both short and long-term goals.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in business
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a fast moving Customer Service operation, Six Sigma/Lean or Operational Management in a Contact Center environment; leadership in an e-commerce/technology environment is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven ability to direct and influence non-reporting teams, such as Partners.
- Flexibility to adapt and to learn on a constant basis
- Fluency in contact center support functions (Quality Assurance, Workforce Management, Training)
- Proficiency with using Tableau dashboards to monitor the business and identify issues and root causes in the operation
- Ability to prioritize and work well both independently and as part of a team; ability to balance project planning with real-time problem solving and fire fighting
- Proven ability to collaborate and work well under pressure and to make sound decisions quickly in a fluid, fast-paced business environment
- Creative thinking skills with innovative and data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Flexibility to work extended business hours, including some holidays throughout the year.
- Some travel may be required
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]