Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Consultant to drive quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction within our Consulting business by assisting customers with designing, building, and implementing Smartsheet solutions to solve their business objectives. For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join Smartsheet at a critical moment and have a significant impact.
As a Consultant, you will work with Smartsheet customers and partners on engagements to convert business requirements into Smartsheet solutions. Within this role you will be considered the Subject Matter Expert pertaining to advanced Smartsheet functionalities in order to propose solutions for use cases across different industries and business groups. The right candidate is a strong communicator, is detail-oriented, and is driven by making an impact for our customers.
This important role is part of the Professional Services team, reports to a Manager of Consulting and is based at Smartsheet Boston, MA.
- Lead consulting engagements with customers to understand their business challenges and develop solutions leveraging Smartsheet, our partners, and our API
- Serve as the Smartsheet subject matter expert (SME) on Smartsheet product capabilities
- Develop tools, processes and best practices to ensure customers are realizing the greatest possible value from Smartsheet
- Expand upon the Smartsheet solution portfolio, demonstrating best practices in design for use cases across a variety of industries and business functions
- Determine solution feasibility and costing in support of our Sales team for new engagements
- Review and validate solution designs produced by other Services team members
- Provide feedback to our Product & Platform Engineering teams that inform additional product and service sales opportunities
- Facilitate current / to-be process design sessions during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders.
- Promote continuous process improvement practices.
- Facilitate training, knowledge transfer and experience-sharing sessions.
- Growth mindset with the desire to work in a collaborative environment to promote and drive superior team performance
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to deeply understand Smartsheet’s benefits, use cases, and business and technical elements
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and high growth technology environment
- Hands-on working experience in the configuration, customization, and implementation of SaaS applications
- High level of motivation, self-starter, excellent at follow-up, team-player with ability to deliver within defined timelines
- Proven ability to drive projects from concept through completion with minimal guidance
- Business Process Optimization experience
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification highly desirable
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CIS, CS or equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education
- Management Consulting experience highly desirable
- Willing to travel periodically (up to 40-50%) based on customer and business need
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.