Business Operations Representative Team Lead at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We are looking for a Business Operations Team Lead to play an integral part in scaling Toast’s rapidly growing business. This person will lead the operational support for the Small and Medium Business (SMB) channel. You will join a dynamic Business Operations team that is the “go-to” team for Sales and Customer Success, building and executing a process to close and onboard new business efficiently and effectively. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with various departments, including Sales, Services, Billing, Financing, Legal and Payments. This person will work closely with senior leadership across those functions, and drive them to alignment in order to execute deals quickly and in a fiscally responsible manner.
This role provides a great opportunity to demonstrate leadership skills in building and motivating a high performing team, and managing with metrics. It will require structuring a team for success, helping them problem solve and resolve issues as they arise, and acting as an escalation point. The success of this role directly impacts our revenue streams in a significant manner. As such this role is an opportunity to join us at a groundbreaking moment and truly make an impact. For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Serve as primary escalation point for Business Operations Representatives and work cross-functionally with Sales, Accounting, Services, Reseller community, Restaurant Success etc. to resolve issues and book business
- Manage a team of Business Operations Representatives, ensuring work is completed in an accurate and timely manner in line with our SLAs
- Take ownership of the Business Operations SMB case queue, analyzing case data to drive operational decision-making for the organization
- Onboard and train new Business Operations Representatives, and provide ongoing training as necessary
- Develop and refine processes to better serve our sales and operational teams, to QA our work, and to proactively address stakeholder issues
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
We are seeking a highly organized, tech-savvy, intellectually curious candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work with key stakeholders throughout various levels of management and to influence others
- Confidence prioritizing and making time-sensitive decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with extreme attention to detail
- Strong time management and sense of urgency
- Relentless problem solver
- Ability to manipulate data and strong Excel skills
- Experience managing an effective team a plus
- SalesForce experience is preferred
*Bread puns encouraged but not required