Vice President/Director of Marketing
Greater Boston Area
We are looking for an innovative, data-driven marketing leader to take our go-to-market strategy to the next level of maturity as we transition from a scrappy start-up to a rapidly growing scale-up. This listing is for a VP, but we have found great applicants often have a current title of Director or similar, so don't be confused about that difference, we are just glad you found us!
This individual will direct the strategy, positioning, messaging, and execution for our brand, product, customer, and recruitment marketing. You will be responsible for directing engaging campaigns that span the full funnel -- from generating awareness to turning happy customers into advocates. We heavily focus on digital and inbound marketing channels, and your areas of responsibility will include demand generation, content and communications, creative, product and customer marketing, marketing operations and tech, brand and buzz, and analytics. You will work closely with other departments to build cross-functional cohesion and enable the sales team to be effective on campaign follow-up. This individual will be a creative problem solver and must use data to influence decision making.
The Vice President of Marketing will report directly to our CEO and will manage a team of marketing generalists, analysts, and specialists. This person will be managing, coaching, and growing our innovative marketing team to scale our growth while sustaining our brand pillars of thought-leadership and educational content with the highest customer satisfaction rate in our industry.
The ideal candidate is thoughtful, accountable, and has managed others through inspiration and innovation. They should also be looking to accelerate their professional careers in one of Boston’s most innovative companies. If you’re looking to roll up your sleeves, make an immediate impact, and be a high-visibility leader within the organization, we want to talk to you!
LogicManager is a Boston-based software company that is recognized on Deloitte's Fast 500 as one of North America's fastest-growing technology companies. We’re actively preparing for our IPO, profitable, and place a heavy emphasis on promoting from within. We are recognized by Gartner and Forrester Industry Analysts as leaders and Great Places to Work certified for our company culture. We build enterprise risk management software that empowers thousands of organizations around the world to uphold their reputations while protecting their customers, investors, and communities. We believe even the toughest problems can be solved with innovative solutions. Join LogicManager and together we can build a better tomorrow.
Initiatives you’ll be leading:
- Demand Generation: Your goal is to create marketing programs that get customers excited about our company’s solutions, You will own the performance and execution of inbound and outbound campaigns designed to increase our brand awareness and opportunity pipeline across channels including SEO/SEM, paid search, social platform ads, lead nurturing, social media, content syndication, etc.
- Content & Communications: Your goal is to produce engaging content through compelling, educational, and thought-leadership storytelling. The team will create impactful messaging in a wide variety of short and long-form formats (web, social, email, bylines, blogs, eBooks, infographics, video, print, webinars, podcasts, tradeshows and more) across multiple channels.
- Creative & Design: Your goal is to help our brand break through the noise with unique, creative. and on-brand collateral. You will manage our creative team members to drive our communications through design, images, and videos that support our messaging strategy and are consistently on-brand.
- Product, Solutions, & Customer Marketing: Your goal is to learn the risk, compliance and governance industry and to create end-to-end messaging targeting specific prospective and current customer profiles, personas, use-cases and/or products across a variety of channels. You’ll be responsible for product marketing, analyst relations, and competitive analysis, as well as customer marketing with the goals of enhancing our customer community, retention, and cross-sell opportunities.
- Marketing Operations: Your goal is to enable efficiency and scalability with appropriate tools, automation, and formalization of processes. You will oversee the lead lifecycle to streamline our funnel, own our marketing automation system (Pardot) and other tools, and establish best-practice processes across the team.
- Brand and Buzz: Your goal is to create awareness about LogicManager to our product market and prospective customers, as well as within the Boston Tech community for our recruitment efforts. You’ll find creative ways to amplify internal and external milestone communications to customers, employees, and the broader market. This will include awards, public relations, influencer marketing, social media, and more.
- Analytics: Your goal is to ensure data is tracked meaningfully across systems, and analyze and present this data to inform strategic decisions. You’ll be responsible for core growth KPIs and report on this information at regular cadences.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A process-oriented and data-driven approach to building awareness and consideration at the top of the funnel and conversions throughout
- 10+ years of overall digital marketing, inbound, and/or ABM experience and 3+ years of management experience, including success in building and scaling teams
- B2B marketing experience, ideally in SaaS
- Demonstrated ability in brand storytelling and messaging
- Demand generation experience through inbound and account-based marketing methodologies
- Thrives in a high-growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to be tech-forward when it comes to scaling and solving problems
- Demonstrated experience executing a common message across multiple channels and segments
- Proven experience and passion for collaborating across functions and owning a communication plan to all stakeholders
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task while paying close attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully drive projects to completion
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively with the capacity to provide pragmatic solutions
- Industry experience in Software-as-a-Service
- Experience with multiple of the following: Salesforce.com, Pardot, Salesloft, Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Search Engine Optimization, Account-Based Marketing
More about LogicManager
- Award-Winning Culture: We’re named Best Place to Work / certified as a Great Place to Work® every year since 2016.
- Industry Leading Customer Satisfaction: One of the top 30 fastest growing tech companies in Boston and top 500 in North America. We recognized for our industries highest customer ratings and leadership recognition by Forrester and Gartner for our ability to execute.
- Collaborative Offices: We have a modern, open floor layout designed for cross functional collaboration and employee growth. We also have conference rooms for brainstorming sessions and team meetings.
- Downtown Location: We are located in Boston’s growing Seaport and Innovation District with great views of the channel and within walking distance to many restaurants, cafes, bars, and shops. Our offices are easily accessible by public transportation and a quick walk from South Station.
- Great Benefits & Perks: We believe in supporting our employees with benefits that matter, which is why we offer competitive salaries, benefits, company stock options, paid vacation, community service days, and more. We also celebrate our successes with frequent company-sponsored lunches, happy hours, events, and other perks.
- Leadership with a Vision: We are profitable, rapidly growing and control our destiny as we have no VC funding! We are a workforce of thought leaders and dynamic innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the way companies protect their reputations.
LogicManager is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity, and work every day to create an inclusive work environment that represents the world that we live in.
Read Full Job Description