Vice President, Marketing (REMOTE - United States) at Vendr
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:02 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Vendr is forever changing how companies buy and renew SaaS. With over $550+ million in SaaS purchases across 1,200+ suppliers, the Vendr SaaS buying platform enables the world’s fastest-growing companies to purchase SaaS, without friction and at a fair price. Headquartered in Boston with a second location in Charleston and over 130+ employees, we are building a team that can take us to the future state of frictionless buying. Some customers include HubSpot, The Washington Post, and DraftKings.
In March 2021 we announced that we raised $60 million at a $600 million valuation for our Series A, backed by Tiger Global (2021), Craft Ventures (David Sacks), Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher & Guy Oseary), Y Combinator, and others.
Since 2018, we have:
- Managed $550M+ in software spend
- Saved $99M+ for our customers
- Given our customers thousands of hours back to focus on the important parts of their job
And we’re just getting started. This is your chance to join as we enter hyper-growth and make a massive impact, forever changing the way people buy and sell B2B SaaS.
Vendr is seeking an innovative, growth-minded and energetic marketing leader, with a knack for empowering high performing teams and an ability to get things done. Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Marketing will be accountable for creating and executing a scalable marketing strategy that achieves stellar brand proliferation, creates new business pipeline and reaches or exceeds revenue targets. The VP of Marketing is an experienced marketing leader with a proven track record of building high performance teams, in rapid-growth environments, to deliver both predictable and sustainable results. Critical to this role is being a gifted storyteller; to both create Vendr buzz and safeguard our brand, enticing customers to want to participate in our narrative. The ideal candidate is someone who is a growth driver; maintains an enterprise-wide mindset, creating and managing profitable growth, impacting market share, and driving gross margin. Ultimately, Vendr is aiming for someone who has “seen the movie” as tech companies scale to $100M+ ARR.
What you'll do:
- Develop, manage & mentor Brand, Demand (aka Growth) and Product (aka Customer) teams into a world-class marketing organization that is inspired to achieve marketing & company goals. The right leader will assure that the team is fit for scale, focused on positive collaboration and intellectual curiosity.
- Build a strategic marketing plan with innovative campaigns that are driven by performance and influencer marketing, creative online efforts, brand & direct marketing, as well as community building. Key to this is aligning our organization around customer centricity, using data and analytics to deliver delightful experiences
- Develop & manage the marketing budget through comprehensive demand plans that allow for optimization to ensure activities are effective, efficient and deliver successful ROI metrics
- Develop a comprehensive cross-platform digital engagement strategy that inspires excitement, loyalty and ultimately drives significant new customer and revenue growth
- Collaborate cross functionally with various internal teams to help the organization define the marketing message and keep it consistent; critical to this is building a cross-company customer communication strategy and governance program
- Drive and foster true partner relationships across peer groups and business functions. Key to this is partnering closely with Product and Sales leadership to enhance and align on growth targets
- Partner closely with Brand to develop a creative strategy in line with the overall Vendr values in order to increase brand visibility and awareness, ultimately driving audience reach and maximizing revenue
- Work with RevOps to correctly attribute and show incrementality of marketing channels
- Hire leaders, establish hiring and leveling processes for the Marketing organization, establish team goals, create a plan and work with leaders to meet marketing deliverables and metrics
- Furnish team members with the tools, guidance and confidence that will create progressive career tracks for each individual contributor
What we need:
- 10+ years experience in a high-growth B2B Saas Marketing organization
- Minimum 5+ years in a management role, 2+ years managing managers
- Ability to synthesize and distill complex information into clear, concise messaging for different audiences
- High comfort level communicating with various stakeholders across the business
- Proven track-record of success in partnering with Sales for strategy alignment and common revenue goals
- Data-driven marketing, demonstrated analytical ability and orientation for detail
- Initiative to actively look for strategic gaps and address them with a positive, solution-oriented approach. The right person understands a start-up mindset and can operate with speed while still prioritizing quality results
- Must be comfortable with owning the strategy across three disciplines with one common goal
- Must understand the difference between a leader and a manager
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience in a product and service-driven environment or marketplace a plus
Vendr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. While we are interested in qualified applicants who are permanently eligible to work for any employer in the United States, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship for employment visas at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description