Vice President, Consumer Engagement Marketing at Agero + Swoop
Agero is the market leader of next generation software-enabled driver safety services and technology, pushing the limits of big data to transform the entire driving and car ownership experience. The majority of leading vehicle manufacturers and insurance providers use Agero’s roadside assistance, accident management, dispatch, consumer affairs and telematics innovations to strengthen their businesses and create stronger, lasting connections with their customers. Together, we’re making driving smarter and safer for everyone.
About the Role:
The VP of Consumer Engagement Marketing plays a critical role influencing “C” consumers within a complex B2B2C setting. The VP will be responsible for the strategic development and execution of a new consumer engagement capability. This capability will not only continue to support efforts to reach consumers indirectly in collaboration with our B2B client initiatives, but also to directly engage with consumers on new business models and products that are DTC in nature.
A successful candidate will need to be agile juggling channels/touchpoints, products, services and different revenue models along all points of the vehicle ownership and assistance lifecycle.
Reporting directly to, and working closely with the Chief Marketing Officer, this VP will have a direct hand in the development and execution of all consumer facing initiatives building the capability from the consumer up. While the role sits within the marketing function it has the potential to become a start-up new line of business owning its own P&L.
The VP will also work closely with Product & Technology, B2B Marketing, and our Insurance and Automotive business leaders. The VP will also manage selective agencies and vendors as needed to execute strategies.
Through each consumer initiative the goal is to engage with consumers before and during their driver assistance needs building the underlying awareness, challenging the misperceptions rampant in the industry that act as barriers to category usage, and trafficking them to the appropriate digital intake channel so they can get the assistance they need quickly and efficiently.
At Agero we are committed to promoting the digitalization of our industry and look for candidates that are experienced in the digital tools required to impact consumer usage. These include google analytics, search capabilities, omnichannel media mix, and consumer web/mobile app design.
The Day to Day:
- Develops opportunities plans for each segment of the market utilizing both the B2B2C and DTC pathways
- Builds and executes on the DTC strategy for wholesale to the public product offerings
- Creates bottoms-up business plans for resources required matched with potential ROI over 1, 3, 5 year planning for each segment opportunity for prioritization
- Regularly engage with progress reports and steering - championing consumer engagement marketing throughout the organization
- Attends frequent client reviews, spreading the value story of consumer engagement
- Leads all efforts to improve client to customer branded CRM
- Contributes to the development of appropriate linkages between marketing function and other disciplines within the organization.
Education, Experience & Other Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Master’s a plus.
- 5+ years experience in complex B2B2C and/or DTC marketing with at least 2 years in a leadership role in marketing programs or operations.
- Must have experience at a top tier brand name consumer facing digital organization
- Must have experience with advanced digital marketing tools for search: google analytics, hubspot and the like
- Must have experience with MVP (minimum viable product) launches and rapid AB testing to learn fast and adapt as we go
- Creative strategic thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with good organization skills required.
- Manages complex relationships requiring leadership and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple business units and departments.
- Possesses excellent teamwork skills with an ability to overcome obstacles to consistently achieve results on time and budget.
- High energy and flexibility; ability to thrive in a growing business and ever-changing environment.