Venture Capital Marketing Consultant at MassMutual
This individual will work closely with the fund’s analysts, principal, and managing directors to communicate the MMV value proposition to entrepreneurial software startups in North America, Europe, Israel, and Asia. An average day might include drafting the announcement for a new MMV investment in partnership with the portfolio company, posting updates to MMV’s social media accounts, planning a webinar with key software executives and leading corporate venture capital firms, and helping startup CEOs clarify their product marketing message and strategy.
- Manage the media presence and public relations for the MMV platform funds, so as to improve general awareness of the benefits and uniqueness of the MMV corporate venturing approach. A desired outcome of this improved visibility would be incremental dealflow for the MMV funds, stemming from new relationships and inbound investment requests.
- Document new marketing qualified leads in the MMV funds’ CRM system, Affinity.
- Assist MMV portfolio companies in developing consistent market positioning, sales collateral, website design and copy, and assist in these companies’ marketing-related event planning.
- Act as MMV’s primary liaison with the corporate communications team at our parent company, MassMutual.
- Identify speaking opportunities for senior investment team members
- Help support content through a blog (i.e., Medium) with MMV’s Director of Platform
- Manage the media presence and public relations for the MMV platform funds, primarily through social media, press releases, and marketing events.
- Serve as a shared marketing resource for the 40+ MMV portfolio companies.
- 4+ years of marketing and communications experience for startup companies, accelerators, and/or venture capital funds.
- Prior experience at a venture capital firm, private equity firm, or investment bank.
- Prior experience working at a startup company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor. This individual is expected to communicate professional