Technical Marketing Engineer
Greater Boston Area
IT and Business leaders have a problem: the imbalance between the business’ application requirements and IT’s ability to meet their needs is so great they have to take a different approach. They must collaborate. They must be agile. They must empower the business to participate in its own rescue. Said differently, they need help transforming their enterprise into a high-performance provider of solutions, and Mendix has the people, domain expertise and technology platform to bring the groups together for success.
Do you consider yourself a technologist at heart, who thrives on creating connections and driving value & innovation to customers? Are you maniacally focused on helping customers achieve meaningful business outcomes through technology? Are you best of breed? If you've answered yes to these questions, come join us!
Mendix provides a platform and approach that helps enterprises innovate and digitally transform their businesses and industries. Nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications to delight their customers and empower their employees.
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum and extend our market leadership and we're looking to grow our Marketing team by adding a deep technical product marketing manager/engineer who is comfortable with today’s cloud-native technology and wants to help build out the newly created product marketing function during a time of rapid growth for our business.
Engage with enterprise architects and IT technology leaders at our customers and prospects to understand their business drivers and technology portfolio requirements to create a compelling buying vision at the intersection of our platform and their business/technology needs.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Translating Mendix capabilities into a meaningful value proposition for Enterprise Architects and IT technology leaders.
- Designing and creating a buyer’s journey with themes and content to effectively engage this technology audience.
- Training our global sales, customer success and marketing teams on positioning Mendix effectively with this audience
- Collaborating with the broader marketing team to create and execute effective marketing campaigns
- Serving as a thought leader and expert on Application Development and Cloud-Native Architectures
- Building relationships with key industry Analysts (e.g. Gartner and Forrester) to articulate the benefits of our application platform and advance our thinking as the technology landscape evolves.
- Provide feedback and roadmap input to product management
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- Good understanding of the aPaaS/PaaS and cloud market and technology space.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and an ability to help customers find the right solution (not the obvious/easy one).
- A deep understanding of or aptitude to learn the application platform landscape and cloud and DevOps technology stack.
- 5 plus years of customer facing experience as a Solution or Pre-Sales Architect and the desire to expand your career into technical marketing and be part of establishing a new category in the aPaaS space.
- A background and education in computer science, MIS or other technology discipline is strongly desired.
- Prior product marketing experience a plus but not required.
Read Full Job Description