Social Media Manager at Upwork (Remote)
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
Upwork's social team is on a mission to raise awareness of Upwork and become a culturally relevant thought leader in the way we work now. As the Social Media Manager, you'll report to the Director of Cultural Marketing and be responsible for bringing our brand to life - developing impactful channel strategies and social campaigns that build brand advocacy with existing fans and capture the attention of new clients and talent. If you're a creative self-starter who thrives on shaping content and is passionate about thinking big, taking calculated risks, and creating bold campaigns in partnership with creative and brand teams, we want to hear from you.
- Lead the social media editorial strategy and content creation across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube that reaches our combined audience of 2.7 million.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to create new and engaging social campaigns to generate buzz and build cultural relevance via social media. Partner with Brand, Creative, Product Marketing, Comms, Content and Enterprise Marketing teams to create compelling messaging and content, lead launches, and ensure social needs are taken into account in campaign planning.
- Stay current with the latest social trends and technical changes as you find ways to keep our brand top of mind in an ever-changing digital landscape; create new strategies for engagement around emerging trends and cultural moments that generate buzz to help drive company growth.
- Execute implementation of new platforms and adapt channel strategies for international expansion, create social media strategic and tactical recommendations, and liaise with agency partners as our footprint expands.
- Manage vendor relationships with social media agencies, social networks, social analytics software, and employee advocacy platforms - including leading legal and infosec approvals, billing, and payments for yearly renewals.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Track record of leading breakthrough, culturally relevant social media campaigns and content that engages and inspires customers.
- Deep knowledge of the social media landscape with a passion for creating fresh ideas and innovative storytelling.
- Professional experience running business pages on Facebook,Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram,TikTok, and YouTube to develop social campaigns that spark conversation.
- Proven background working remotely in a dynamic environment and juggling multiple, varied priorities across company-wide stakeholders - including a sense of urgency and eagerness to be in touch that is a fit for the 24x7 nature of social channels.
- Outstanding writing ability, interpersonal skills, and demonstrated sound judgment when handling challenging customer situations.
- Prior experience with Upwork's martech stack including tools like Sprinklr, Emplifi, Buffer, Tweetdeck, etc. Must have an ability and interest to pick up new software platforms quickly.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you'll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. And oh yeah, we've also got amazing benefits - including medical insurance for you and your family, unlimited PTO, 401(k) with matching, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and a generous Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about our benefits and the employee experience.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.#LI-REMOTE