Content has been one of our top marketing channels at Drift, and now we’re looking for Senior Writer to take things to a new level.
… but this isn’t a gig where you’d come in and be one of the bloggers on the marketing team.
We think content should be much more than that. We’re looking for a storyteller. Someone who thinks like a journalist and can tell stories that attract an audience at the intersection of business and technology. Just to give you a better sense of the role, here are some of the content types you would be creating:
- Original Research. We are lucky to have a loads of original data that we can (and should) be publishing and writing about regularly.
- Cornerstone Content. We should be publishing at least one piece of “Cornerstone Content” each month (here’s an example). This is that one post that might drive 80% of traffic in a month (!!) and gets thousands of shares and links.
- Interviews. We want to treat the Drift blog like a publication or a media company, not like a blog. You will be hitting to road to do interviews with top sales and marketing leaders, founders, executives, and more -- or taking inspiration and material from our podcasts and videos.
- Tactical Content. You’ll work closely with the product marketing team to give our audience the tactical sales and marketing and Drift-related content they need to get the most out of Drift.
We create content for two core audiences at Drift: forward-thinking CEOs who are focused on hypergrowth, and marketing and sales teams who are re-thinking the way they do things to match the modern buying experience that customers expect today.
As a result, our content should feel more like Harvard Business Review than Buzzfeed.
But here’s the most important part: we are creating content for people. Real people just like you and me. So all of our content needs to be written in the language that people like you and I use in everyday conversation.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a writer.
- You could teach a masterclass on storytelling.
- You have managed an editorial calendar and have a tight process for planning future content.
- You treat your work like a journalist. You can do your own research for a story. You can make a target list of five people we should interview on the Drift blog, handle the outreach, and set up Skype calls to record the Q&A.
- You’re a pro at figuring out which content is resonating and what to go and create more of.
- You’ve owned a traffic goal before and know how to grow traffic month over month, year over year.
- You’re ready to think different and rewrite the rules for how a B2B company does marketing.
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing and sales platform. Over 100,000 businesses use Drift today to build better pipelines faster by connecting them now with customers who are interested now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres, and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst and Sequoia. Learn more at drift.com.