LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we’re always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications.
ABOUT THIS JOB
You’d be joining a small but crucial team that is responsible for documenting LiveRamp’s SaaS software applications, APIs, and other products and services. You’d help develop and improve our documentation and processes, as we grow the team and work to continuously provide a first-class content experience for marketers, data scientists, developers, and others. You’d validate and QA the products and workflows we document, and share ideas on fixes or improvements to make our products better.
No day is ever the same at LiveRamp, but the responsibilities of your day-to-day job would include the following:
- Create needed documentation for releases (in collaboration with product managers, engineers, technical services, and product marketing)
- Represent the interests of LiveRamp’s users (and the UX team) during the Agile development process
- Support requests for new content or revisions to existing documentation
- Respond to customer feedback on documentation
- Incorporate user research findings and insights to improve documentation
- Collaborate on UI text
- Collaborate on writing style decisions, strategies, standards, and processes with other members of the UX team
- Communicate to other teams about LiveRamp documentation updates and issues
- Analyze customer usage of documentation to find areas of improvement (alongside our customer support teams)
- Help develop new methods and strategies to enable our customers to perform their tasks successfully
- You bring start-up energy and enthusiasm to all your work, but couple that with your experience in developing and implementing well thought-out and systematic processes and methods. You don't wait for the necessary information to come to you - you go out and get it.
- You keep your users in mind at all times, and are rigorous in making sure all appropriate user concerns and questions get addressed. You are obsessed with effective communication, and always strive to produce the clearest, most concise, and most consistent content possible (within the given limitations). You have an eagle eye for inconsistencies and confusing terminology, and are not afraid to call those out when you see them.
- You love learning about new technologies and industries, and are naturally driven to become an expert in whatever product or space you are tasked to document. You are a proud “geek” who has earned the respect of the engineers you have worked with. And you love helping others understand complex information.
- You have excellent planning and organization skills, as well as the ability to act as an information designer, project manager, writer, editor, and publisher.
- You are a great collaborator, who listens to others and helps everyone find the best idea for the situation (even when it’s not yours). And most importantly: You are fun to work with and bring a sense of humor to the toughest challenges.
Required Experience & Education:
- 10+ years of technical writing experience in enterprise SaaS software environments
- Experience writing in a structured-authoring environment (DITA, Docbook, structured Framemaker, etc.) and experience with XML-based authoring tools
- Experience working with a component content management system (CCMS/CMS)
- Experience with creating documentation in an Agile development environment
- Experience with ticket/bug tracking systems, preferably using JIRA
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience documenting APIs, creating developer portals, and using multiple API documentation tools
- Experience authoring with Paligo
- Experience documenting data modeling and analytic platforms
- Previous experience in the Adtech industry and with data-rich products
- Technical Writing degree or certificate
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future. Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.