Senior Marketing Analytics Manager, Customer Development at Chewy
The Marketing Analytics team is the data science, experimentation and analytics partner to Chewy’s Marketing department. The centralization of data, and the ability to analyze and apply it at scale, enables our marketers to deliver on effective and data-driven marketing strategies that are imperative to Chewy's growth.
The specific focus of this Senior Marketing Analytics Manager is to lead all analytics and insights efforts that support the strategy of CRM-based programs: Email, Direct Mail, Loyalty, and Outreach. Further, this role will take our lifecycle marketing efforts to new levels, through enhanced segmentation and event-based multivariate tests in order to drive increased repurchase rates through email and direct mail marketing. This individual will maintain an active role in CRM database management, customer data capture and any related project as well as support Segmentation & Personalization Product Manager in monitoring data extracts between providers, partners and internal IT for data integrity and accuracy.
What You'll Do:
- Translate business questions and concerns into specific quantitative questions that can be answered with data using sound methodologies. In cases where questions cannot be answered with available data, work with engineers to produce the required data.
- Retrieve, synthesize, and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions or improving system performance.
- Analyze historical data to identify trends and support decision making.
- Provide requirements to develop analytic capabilities, platforms, and pipelines.
- Formalize assumptions, create statistical definition of the outlier, and develop methods to systematically identify these outliers - Work out why such examples are outliers and define if any actions needed.
- Given anecdotes about anomalies or generate automatic scripts to define anomalies, deep dive to explain why they happen, and identify fixes - Make Decisions or recommendations.
- Build decision-making ad hoc models and propose solution for the business problem you defined.
- Conduct written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Assess model accuracy using custom metrics over complex date-time and categorical segments.
- Work as key contributor to cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams assembled for large scale data science projects.
- Lead specifications of data infrastructure through partnering with Product to support email and direct mail campaign reporting automation and productionalize data illustration within Tableau.
- Build relationships and influence key stakeholders across Marketing Channel ownership using top quality insights.
- Work alongside channel leads and product to develop marketing strategies to support trigger campaigns (event-based campaigns). Direct support of this effort includes extensive analysis, modeling and segmentation work to build the technical infrastructure of these campaigns.
- Support the initial performance forecasts and planning, internet advertising, offer and creative test design, prospect and customer targeting, selection and circulation, monitoring performance in real-time and measuring results to utilize new learning in future efforts.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, MIS, or other quantitative discipline with strong academic record; Masters preferred
- 6+ years of relevant analytical experience Production experience with Python scientific stack required
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- 1+ years of experience working within retail/ecommerce industry
- Communicate concisely and persuasively with business partners
- Experience in AdTech or MarTech space is a plus
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, creativity, organizational, design, and interpersonal skills; ability to work well with all levels of engineers and data scientists
- Confirmed ability to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]