Regional Grain Marketing Manager at Indigo
Regional Grain Marketing Manager
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The Regional Grain Marketing Manager will engage regional buyers to construct strategies for procuring grain through Indigo MP. This includes leveraging various tools and tactics that bring value to the buyer and the growers they are sourcing grain from. The regional manager will work closely with other Indigo team members (buyers, growers, Transport and marketing advisors) with the goal of custom plan development that allow individual buyers to be more successful.
● Identify the key strategic buying facility locations within region, and setup meetings with at least 
● Understands the grower and buyer landscape within region, and can devise strategies to achieve Marketplace goals with both
● Have the ability to speak to the value of indigo MP for buyers and growers and associated pricing tools for each audience. Can tailor messaging based on audience.
● Become certified and able to sell Indigo Pricing Products to buyers, and within 60 days, use them in strategic supply relationships to drive transaction volume
● Develop a prioritized plan for growth in the region
● In conjunction with the rest of org, devise segmentation within a given territory and relevant strategy
● Establish strong and strategic relationships with buyers
● Have all buyers and preferred products mapped out in assigned location, and uses this map to drive an action-plan to secure supply within region
● Be the SME and provide guidance for assigned area on quality bids, basis levels, and inventory available to transact
● Strong understanding of grain transactions, preferably with merchandising experience.
● Able to bring strategic plans and industry clout to grain buyers
● Calculated sales acumen and high caliber communication skills
● Ability to take complex concepts and simplify them for the target audience
● Ability to interface with internal team members to share overall strategic objectives and gain alignment across teams for execution
● Understands both the strategic and tactical nature of driving transactions, and has the ability to affect both
● Able to collaborate across multiple teams to coordinate complex arrangements (eg GMS, BAM, GAM, GMA)
● Understands customer segmentation and can develop customized strategies based on customer type and needs
● Able to present pricing tools with high level of competency
● Ability to understand market trends, when best to utilize cash and basis
● Understanding of grain marketing in assigned geography
● Deep buyer relationships in assigned geography
● Large grower customer base in assigned geography
● Ability to teach team members assigned market dynamics
● 5+ years of Sales Experience
● 5+ years of experience as a Grain Merchandiser, Grain Marketing Advisor, Grain Origination and/or Trader
● Proven ability to collaborate and drive action
● Entrepreneurial spirit
● Experience or education in finance or related area
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.