Reference Manager at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Reference Relationship Manager will be a seasoned field marketer that can grow Nuance Healthcare’s customer advocate base through both verbal and written materials to help promote customers’ success in achieving their business goals with Nuance solutions. This individual will build trusted relationships with physicians, radiologists, c-level executives, and Nuance solution users to understand their stories and position their best practices and positive outcomes via sales reference calls, site visits, case studies, press releases, speaking engagements, events, and other sales/marketing activities.
Promotes and positions referencing opportunities to new and existing customers and maintains current information on their reference status. Establishes and maintains ongoing C-Level reference relationships with key customers and builds knowledge about their business challenges, solutions implementation, and outcomes achieved. Reports to VP, Corporate Communications and Customer Engagement and requires experience building strategic marketing plans in support of a comprehensive, customer-first reference program approach.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Builds executive-level relationships to form strong customer advocates and engaged internal partners across divisions including Sales, Marketing, Product, etc.
- Orchestrates and manages customer reference and advocacy activities as well as various promotional activities related to the utilization of customer information while maximizing value in alignment with divisional goals and priorities;
- Responsible for gaining in-depth knowledge of key Nuance customers to effectively promote technical and business aspects of each customer’s use of Nuance solutions both internally and externally;
- Collaborates with sales, product management, solutions marketing, and client development/success teams to cultivate relationships and fulfill requests for reference calls or visits;
- Qualifies, tracks and monitors reference usage, consistently improves UX/UI design of reference system, and optimizes the use of Salesforce tools and technology to continually improve the internal reference process and reporting;
- Provides services and support for reference value positioning, negotiation, and other requests;
- Recruits customer presenters for executive and other sanctioned events, collaborates to coordinate customer interviews to produce various promotional assets/collateral, including customer success stories (web/print), video-based customer interviews, blog articles, e-newsletters, etc.;
- Partners with extended Marketing team to provide story angles, outcomes and leads to public relations for features in various trade publications, gains customer content and approvals for use in marketing collateral and presentations, and gathers references for industry analysts;
- Owns the size and quality of reference list, including solution/audience-specific segments.
- Works closely with marketing intelligence team to improve campaign target lists based on reference data, captures feedback, supports ongoing list improvements
- Develops, measures and tracks KPIs to measure ROI.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Education: BS or BA required
- Minimum years of work experience: 8-10+ years of field marketing experience; 5+ years sales, client management or reference management in the Healthcare technology industry
- Experience working with and presenting to c-level clients
- demonstrated ability to relate technical and business concepts to executives and user needs;
- strong project management experience and skills;
- strong business acumen, interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills; ability to work cross-functionally with high level of collaboration;
- willingness to travel approximately 30-40 percent of time.
- Excellent analytical and creative skills
- ability to turn complex technology concepts into clear communications
- extremely organized and able to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- outstanding communication, presentation and writing skills
- willing to spend time organizing, entering information, and maintaining our reference database
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.