Principal Commercial Marketing Manager at Nuance (Burlington, MA)
The Principal Commercial Marketing Manager is a critical role works with the product management team, deal optimization team, sales team, and other stakeholders to create pricing and pricing tools that support the business objectives of the Enterprise Division. Specific activities and responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for pricing strategy across the entire portfolio of the Enterprise division such that it drives new business, enables cross-sell and is easy to understand
- Work to ensure the consistency of pricing models, terms, and price points across products and lines of business
- Create new pricing models and pricing for offers that span multiple products
- Provide guidance and analysis to product managers on pricing best practices and how to address pricing challenges.
- Create tools that support effective and consistent pricing e.g., competitive pricing analysis, product pricing inventory.
- Perform analysis needed for new pricing initiatives. e.g., price sensitivity analyses, modeling impact of various pricing approaches.
- Provide custom pricing for strategic accounts and opportunities
- Create, manage and publish tools that support the wider Nuance team such as our Price Book, Go To Market product country availability worksheet, and custom pricing tool.
- Create ROIs that demonstrate the value of our products and solutions
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Strong quantitative and analytic ability.
- Prior education or experience leading to knowledge of pricing, micro-economic, and accounting concepts such as value-based pricing, skimming, bookings, subscriptions, bundling, price elasticity, discounting and tiering strategies.
- 3-5 Years in a position such as product management, business development, finance, or strategy desirable.
- Ability to understand on-premise and SaaS software products and pricing issues such as peak capacity-based pricing, throttling, up-time, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively with numerous stakeholders in a distributed environment to achieve consensus and deliver work product.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively communicate complex quantitative and business concepts verbally, in presentations, and in prose.
- Creative problem solving with a keen eye for details; strong leadership skills, time managements and ability to spot and document deviations/anomalies.
- Experience with speech recognition, natural language processing, and/ or machine learning.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.