Partner Marketing Manager, Tech Solutions
Greater Boston Area
We’re looking for a driven, self-motivated individual to own our strategic relationships with eCommerce platform partners and other tech solution providers in our ecosystems. In this role, you’ll wear many hats: from relationship management to product marketing to demand generation. On all fronts, you’ll be playing a key role in helping our business grow.
You’ll be charged with identifying the opportunities that make sense for Klaviyo; then planning, executing, measuring and optimizing these marketing programs. You’ll also be counted on to educate and support our platform partners: making sure our they know what we do; understand the value we deliver to their clients and end-users; talk about us in a way that’s consistent with our brand; and think of us whenever they’re advising their customers on how to drive more revenue.
Your core areas of responsibility include:
Joint marketing programs with platform partners and strategic tech vendors.
You’ll take ownership of our formalized marketing agreements and will lead the charge on executing them. Our co-marketing efforts include things like joint events, sales team trainings, content creation and co-promotion. You’ll be in charge of planning, executing, measuring and optimizing these activities.
Ongoing education for platform partners.
Our partners should know and understand what makes Klaviyo different. Repurpose - and occasionally create - educational materials and distribute them regularly so we can make sure they’re on top of new releases, key features, case studies, tutorials, and more. Plan in-person training sessions, webinars, or regional events - whatever you need to do to make sure they know (and love) Klaviyo.
Klaviyo’s App store listings.
Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento and other platform partners host app stores for products that work alongside their platforms. You’ll be in charge of updating and optimizing Klaviyo’s listings to ensure they’re accurate and on-brand and being found by prospective customers.
Maintain strong relationships.
Our platform partnerships are fundamental to the growth and success of Klaviyo. You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining these strategic relationships. You should plan on visiting these partners on a regular basis, staying on top of who’s who in the organization and ensure the right people at Klaviyo are looped into product and organizational changes.
Form new partnerships.
Whether it’s new opportunities with existing partners, or brand new partnerships, you’ll be in charge of identifying, evaluating, negotiating and executing on new partnerships for Klaviyo.
In this role, your performance will be measured by:
- The volume & quality of signups generated through platform partners.
- The MRR attributed to your marketing efforts.
- The number and strength of relationships within our platform partner organizations.
Getting Started - Key Outcomes
In the first 30 days, you’ll have:
- Gotten in touch with each of our key contacts at our platform partners.
- Mapped out the organizations, identified who you need to know and begun to execute on a plan for outreach.
- Mapped out opportunities for co-marketing with our primary platform partners.
- Inventoried our existing content and begun to repackage it for our partners. Established KPIs and goals to measure your progress.
Within 90 days, you’ll have:
- Executed one co-marketing initiative.
- Visited one or more of our partner organizations to establish face-to-face relationships.
- Defined and begun to execute a plan for communicating with platform partners about product releases and new features.
Before you hit your first year anniversary, you’ll:
- Contribute to doubling the contribution of MRR that we get from all partners.
- Increase the MRR specifically attributed to platform partners by 3x.
- Defined and distributed a framework for identifying and working with strategic tech partners.
You have a knack for building strong business relationships, and you’re good at networking and meeting new people. You understand the value of partners and love working with them to help drive results for your organization. At the same time, you don’t cave to every demand. You’re business-savvy, have a perspective on what makes a good partnership and are willing to do what’s best for your company. You also have a strong grasp on what good marketing looks like, and you’re excited to teach other people about data-driven marketing. You’re smart, professional, accountable and take pride in representing your company. You love being part of a team, and are energized by a high-growth environment. You’re the type of person who proactively stays “in the know” on what’s going at your company. You work comfortably cross-functionally. You’re not afraid to speak up or make recommendations. And you absolutely love to be a part of building something new.
Read Full Job Description