Tamr is the enterprise-scale data unification company trusted by industry leaders like GE, Toyota, Thomson Reuters, and GSK. The company’s patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with customers’ knowledge to unify and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by founding investors NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
Tamr's Growth team is looking for a motivated and entrepreneurial marketing professional who's not afraid to wear multiple hats in this fast paced environment. We’re looking for a tech savvy marketer; someone eager to dive right into the data & systems powering our sales & marketing engine. This is a role for an operations manager to ensure that the foundation and plumbing are sound, and that our technology and processes are built to scale. In the role, you’ll be responsible for leveraging our expanding marketing automation platform to drive demand and contribute to a successful sales process. Our ideal candidate is a process-oriented individual who is well-versed in inbound and outbound marketing techniques, including ABM, and a strategic thinker – someone who can implement solutions that improve our campaigns.
● In support of the Head of Growth, this individual will help manage and maintain our marketing (Hubspot) platform, ensuring all business, technical, and reporting/analysis requirements are met for programs such as Email Nurture, Lead Scoring, Inbound Web Content Offers, Hosted Events and Webinars
● Routinely perform the following marketing automation tasks:
○ Maintain our lead lifecycle model to appropriately score and route leads into SFDC for distribution to sales team
○ Build campaigns to segment our database for various marketing activities such as events, webinars, and email blasts
○ Maintain a set of rules-based, automated alerts (MQL reminders, “Hot Leads,” Pipeline Visitors, etc.) and add new alerts as needed
○ Enforce best-practices such as data cleanliness, naming conventions, core program templates, and core program channels and tags
○ Oversee both direct integrations between systems and through third party API tools such as Zapier
○ Continually monitor database health, operational performance, and data hygiene between CRM and MAS to foster scalability and efficiency
● In partnership with our analytics team, assist in the development of reports using data from Hubspot, Salesforce, and other systems to better understand the effectiveness of our marketing programs.
● Partner with our Sales Operations & SDR team to ensure data from our marketing systems is making its way to Salesforce.com as expected. QA and troubleshoot issues with these workflows as necessary.
● Train and mentor Sales & Growth team on operations and best practices (and support campaign execution if necessary), including both setup (campaigns & flow steps) as well as program performance via reporting & analytics; maintain detailed documentation of processes and standards
● partnership with the Growth team, optimize existing campaigns and identify new opportunities for scalable, top-of-funnel and middle-of-the funnel campaigns.
● Ensure operational processes and technology support our focus on the enterprise market. Evaluate new technology to ensure we have a best-in-breed tech stack to support our go-to-market strategy.
● BA/BS required; preferably in Marketing or Business Administration.
● Minimum 5 years experience working in a marketing operations role.
○ Proficiency with one or more of the following tools is preferred: Salesforce.com, Hubspot, Engagio, Marketo, Terminus
○ Experience building out operational processes to support Account Based Marketing (ABM)
○ Leading a Hubspot to Marketo migration would be a plus
● Deep knowledge of sales and marketing processes and experience collaborating with the Sales team and Sales Operations to ensure alignment around strategy and the operational processes that support it.
● Strong organizational skills with precise attention to detail.
● Strong problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● A self-starter that is passionate about data and how data unification/integration support digital transformation.
● Must be collaborative and a team player.
● Embraces and is excited by the workload, pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a startup environment.
● Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
● Proactive, self-starter, able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
This position is available in Cambridge MA. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.