Marketing Operations Manager
Greater Boston Area
Klaviyo is looking for a operations professional to help support our marketing organization. This position works with the Director of Performance Marketing and Demand Generation Marketing Manager to make sure that the wider marketing team has the tools, data, reports, and processes they need to be successful. This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate, collaborative team at a high-growth startup.
Core responsibilities include:
Marketing Infrastructure. As a primary owner of the marketing infrastructure, you are constantly aware of rough edges, inconsistencies, and data issues - and always working to improve them. You’re the expert on how different systems and tools are connected, and also the go-to resource for the rest of the team when it comes to helping them understand what information they need and where and how to get it. Part of this will require you to lean on your past experience using SalesForce (SFDC).
Reporting & Analysis. You’ll be responsible for creating, updating and maintaining marketing related dashboards and reports. You’ll also be charged with working with the marketing team to understand the key metrics for performance for each role - then figuring out the best, easiest way to measure and monitor those KPIs.
Campaign Operations. You’ll coordinate with sales and marketing to create and execute operational plans for various types of campaigns. This includes knowing who to loop in from what team; how to effectively route information in and out of Salesforce; and how to ultimately create the smoothest user experience both internally and externally.
Training and Enablement. As the expert on marketing infrastructure and data, you’ll be charged with training the rest of the team on tools, reports, and data availability. This includes things like maintaining a data dictionary; managing the internal wiki; and regularly designing and leading training sessions for the marketing team.
Getting Started / Key Outcomes
In the first 30 days, you’ll have:
- Gotten up to speed on our product, business, company and marketing tech stack and our implementation/use of SalesForce
- Collaborated with sales operations to get an understanding of how sales/marketing initiatives have been coordinated in the past, and what process we should put in place moving forward.
- Sat down with each member of the marketing team to assess their needs around developing new reporting or updating existing dashboards.
- Inventoried and organized all existing marketing reports
Within 90 days, you’ll have:
- Updated and automated a topline marketing dashboard
- Designed and developed a website dashboard
- Coordinated two sales / marketing initiatives
- Published an updated data dictionary and trained the marketing team on key data
Before you hit your first year anniversary, you’ll:
- Developed and maintained dashboards for every area of marketing
- Have put a training schedule in place on marketing tools for new hires
- Led 3 company-wide sessions around marketing analytics
- Managed logistics and reporting enablement for 10 marketing campaigns
Klaviyo is a high growth Boston startup that prides itself on building a large, fast-moving, and sustainable business. Our marketing software is helping more than 10,000 innovative ecommerce brands get better at connecting with their customers. We’re deeply passionate about learning, solving tough problems, and helping one another level up in all things. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are. If this sounds like your ideal place to work, drop us a note!
Read Full Job Description