Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
The Lead Brand Manager will lead a team in the growth of a diverse portfolio of brands and products that sell on Amazon US. This is a great opportunity to take ownership of a portfolio of products, ensuring their success day-to-day including: content and creative on the listing, marketing tactics, financial health of the business, customer service, risk mitigation and compliance, inventory and developing strategies for growth. Your success will be based on your knowledge of the team and Brands you manage, ability to diagnose issues and develop action plans.
Some specific responsibilities include:
- Manage a team of at least 2+ brand managers/associates and oversee a portfolio of diverse brands that generates over $25MM+ in revenue.
- Work with team to analyze Amazon data (sales, conversation rate, sessions, etc.) to determine why certain products are trending up or down and develop strategies to quickly spot and fix low margin and low growth products.
- Develop strategies to increase sales, reduce costs and drive conversion rate of acquired products including: price optimization, PPC, packaging/inserts, coupons and deals, customer communications, creative, changing package dimensions, subscribe and save, removing unprofitable products and more.
- Create business plans outlining all strategic opportunities for your product portfolio, associated costs, timelines, and resources required to achieve a successful outcome.
- Proactively catch issues before they are problems and understand everything about the ecosystem in which your products are selling (e.g., competitor landscape, industry landscape, Amazon marketplace rule changes).
- Lead the transition effort when we acquire a business. This includes doing a deep dive of all information provided during diligence, migrating the prior seller’s accounts (social media, email software, customer service management, etc.), developing a relationship with the seller to ask questions and doing an audit (and potentially an overhaul) of their entire listing and end-to-end customer process.
- Interface with our legal team in the event of intellectual property or other legal issues, such as product suspension or identifying an illegal seller of our product.
- Coordinate with our Customer Obsession Manager and overseas customer service team to ensure we are providing a world class customer experience for your product portfolio.
- Partner with internal teams to develop a go-to-market strategy and facilitate successful, impactful product launches and international expansion.
- Coordinate with our supply chain team to ensure products are always in stock, of premium quality, have updated packaging, and have all appropriate required certifications.
What you bring to the party:
- 5+ years of experience in product management, marketing, or an analytical function, preferably at a startup or other fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years of e-commerce experience, preferably working within the Amazon ecosystem.
- People Management experience, have managed teams of at least 2 in a past role.
- Ability to dig through data, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a high level of organization, and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines and prioritize work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment with fire drills coming up on a near-daily basis.A highly analytical self-starter who can manage multiple projects and figure out complex problems without a lot of ability to create engaging content, come up with creative ideas, and think outside the box.
- Positive attitude, reliable, transparent and enjoy working with different types of people.
- Strong proficiency in excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Marketing, Data Science or a related field.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.