Investment Products Marketing Lead
MassMutual Funds is a leading multi-manager investment firm focused on the retirement industry. We deliver unique investment solutions leveraging institutional asset managers with an emphasis on consistent outperformance.
We are seeking an experienced marketing leader for the MassMutual Funds to join our team in a critical leadership role to support the growth of our mutual fund investment only business line.
We are seeking a change agent within marketing as we continue to evolve our strategy into a consultative strategic approach across businesses. Breadth of skills are welcome, although the ideal candidate should have experience marketing investment products to retirement consultants and advisors. Must be adept at translating target audience insights into positioning and value proposition development, as well as marketing campaign development and management, and ultimately how to develop marketing strategies that support business objectives.
- Understand complex needs from the business and from the market, and simplify into a clear and actionable plan.
- Manage and communicate the product marketing roadmap and any changes to the strategic vision to key business partners. Leverage knowledge of market dynamics and product relevance to develop timely, actionable sales ideas.
- Develop and lead a number of major Marketing initiatives, including product and value-add campaigns, across a number of markets and audiences. Measure effectiveness of efforts through established key performance indicators (KPI’s) and adjust accordingly.
- Effectively engage and communicate with key business partners across DCIO sales and investments to align priorities and influence business areas. Present and message actionable and relevant information around marketing plans and deliverables to senior leadership as needed.
- College degree and 10+ years of related work experience in financial services marketing, ideally in the mutual fund or asset management industry, including management of direct reports.
- Thorough understanding of intermediary distribution, with a focus on retirement advisors and consultant needs, challenges, and business process, with ability to leverage this knowledge to develop, launch and manage product and value-add campaigns that resonate with respective audiences.
- Significant knowledge of investment products, market dynamics, and product relevance that lead to actionable ideas throughout market cycles.
- Series 6 required and/or obtained within 12 months of hire
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to lead complex projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivaved, self-directed, and ability to think creatively
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
- Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
- Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
- Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, and one brand.
- Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).