Internal Communications Specialist
Have you ever needed to know something, but just couldn’t find the information, even after searching high and low? Or maybe you found content on the right topic, but it was out of date, confusing, or just plain boring.
Klaviyo will be growing significantly over the next few years, and we need to redesign our internal communication systems and processes for scale to avoid these aggravating information black hole scenarios.
A successful Internal Communications Specialist will be a high-output, high-quality content creator, a methodical, organized, and take-charge project manager, and an empathetic collaborator who can partner with people at all levels of the organization to design communication solutions to fit their needs.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Create content in a variety of formats (text, visual, audio, video) that’s clear, accurate, engaging, and discoverable
- Own key internal communication channels such as the People Operations wiki, and ensure it’s always up-to-date
- Market communication channels internally in creative, engaging ways
- Enable employees to self-serve by creating and continuously updating resources for frequently asked questions
- Partner with the core HR team on compliance and process documentation
- Create presentations and talk tracks for internal stakeholders on an as-needed basis
- Act as a project manager and work on special initiatives across the Office and Experience team as needed
- Own and manage strategy and logistics of weekly company all-hands meeting
- Track and report on results, including both quantitative and qualitative measures of success
Who You Are:
- 2+ years in an internal communications role
- Previous experience working with C-level executives in a project management capacity
- You possess impeccable communication skills, written, verbal, and visual
- Strong design skills. You know your way around a design tool and can quickly create eye-catching design templates and branded visual communication
- Uses empathy to see issues from multiple perspectives and can put yourself in your intended audience’s shoes
- Systems thinker who sees and plans for all the dependencies a project will entail at the outset
- You “zig” when others “zag” -- you aren’t afraid to think outside of the box and are constantly brainstorming ideas on how your content can stand out from the pack
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter
- Motivated by and can solve for both quantitative and qualitative results
- A collaborative teammate who can also execute solo
- You are on a journey of continuous improvement, and proactively seek and implement constructive feedback to level up your skills and knowledge
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 40,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.