Head of Marketing Strategy & Planning at MassMutual
Marketing & Brand Organization
The Marketing & Brand organization is a newly formed enterprise marketing function that strives to drive best in class marketing strategy and execution while creating exceptional customer experiences and growth for our customers, partners, and our communities. The Marketing & Brand organization is responsible for driving business growth, building and communicating our core brand values and goals, and driving our brand values into the core of our communities through the tactical and National efforts of the MassMutual Foundation.
Core vision of Marketing & Brand team :
- Build a strong connection with marketing across sales, service, technology, and product teams, to drive growth and cross sell opportunities
- Support the power of data and digital to connect our agents and all customer touch points in connected experiences
- Define the brand and help articulate the role that MM plays in our customers lives and our communities and develop a strategy that takes advantage of what modern, innovative, integrated marketing and giving programs can do to drive deeper relationships and growth in our business and our communities
- Establish a modern marketing capability that integrates brand, analytics, insights, creative and digital to engage customers on their unique, holistic journey
Keys to success for the Marketing & Brand organization include building and maintaining strong business relationships and partnerships and evangelizing the goals and growth function of marketing , brand and the efforts of the MassMutual Foundation and Community Responsibility (CR) programs. It includes promoting diversity and competitiveness, and an ability to align resources and cross collaborate as a means of driving the marketing and brand strategy forward to execute on brand, business, customer and product growth goals.
MassMutual is looking for a highly skilled and adaptable professional to lead the strategy and planning function for our Marketing & Brand organization. This role will assist in building out the future vision of MassMutual’s Marketing Center of Excellence function and CR programs and play an integral role in managing the execution of that vision.
- Build, monitor and help manage the strategy and execution plan for the Marketing & Brand organization. Understand marketing industry and engagement channels competitive landscape to act as a strategic thought partner to the Marketing & Brand Leadership Team
- Responsible for establishing a clear strategic plan, driving change and execution on the plan, and help align and drive decision making across the Marketing & Brand organization.
- Establish and manage metrics and measurements to ensure data analytics are foundational to all business decisions specifically related to overall optimization, marketing campaign efficiency, and re allocation of budget to align with successful marketing and product channel spend across all business lines. Work with team to create and update dashboards for reviewing team KPIs.
- Track progress towards goals, including developing additional meaningful metrics, reporting and dashboards to inform how leadership team prioritizes and measures success of initiatives.
- Lead wholistic integration and planning for all Marketing & Brand annual programs and campaign calendar for both forecasting to ongoing optimization decisions.
- Partner with Head of Marketing & Brand Leadership Team on weekly, quarterly and annual responsibilities and meetings, including leadership team meetings and off-sites, etc. Also oversees monthly strategic reviews and updates for MMUS SLT and MM ELT.
- Partner with Corp Communications counterpart to review internal and external communications : support in review and draft of team announcements and updates, PR quotes and content and external thought leadership presentations and requests.
- Oversee and manage the budget for Marketing & Brand channel and interface with Finance partners on monthly reporting and dashboards.
- Leads team communications and coordination for Head of Marketing & Brand for both internal comms and external (press, speaking engagements, etc) opportunities
- Engage and inspire others to build a culture of innovation/ ideation, inclusion and diverse thought leadership.
- Identify opportunities to leverage strengths of the organization and improve processes.
- Partner closely across the organization to ensure collaboration and connections are made across projects, priorities and functions.
- Build and lead small team of individuals supporting strategic planning, who are responsible for reporting analytics, channel reporting, and product communications.
- Other assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of marketing/business/HR/finance/strategy experience
- High-level thinker and problem solver with superior communication and organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be collaborative partner within Marketing & Brand team and internal and external business partners with ability to build relationships across diverse stakeholder and constituent groups. Ability to serve as key influencer and evangelize goals of Marketing & Brand organization.
- Expert at juggling multiple priorities through strong project-management skills, leadership and collaboration.
- Ability to prioritize complex and competing demands while flexing and adapting to evolving environment.
- Innovative, strategic, conceptual thinker
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills
- Track record of effectively leading through a matrix structure